The Jehu Garlick 1895 electric locomotive represents the beginning of the production of electric toy trains in America. The Garlick electric loco was built in 1895 by Jehu Garlick and his associate, Harry Hathaway in Paterson, New Jersey. This may have been the first tinplate electric train manufactured. The black steeple cab locomotive resembles the B and O locomotive. The loco has a clear glass panel on one side in order to view the motor. Larry House acquired this Garlick loco in 2005 which came from the estate of Walter Lucas. The Garlick was purchased by Walter Lucas from Harry Hathaway who was Jehu Garlicks associate. There is a label on the bottom of the loco which documents this transaction between Hathaway and Lucas. At this time the Jehu Garlick loco from the Larry House collection is the only known surviving example in existence that we know of. Larry House expressed many times that acquiring the Jehu Garlick loco was the highlight of all his experiences as a collector and this was his most cherished piece. For more detailed information please refer to the articles published in the Train Collectors Quarterly, April 2006, Vol. 52 No. 2.