AN ART DECO BRADLEY & HUBBARD BRASS PATINATED BRONZE SLAG GLASS TABLE LAMP, INVENTED BY REUBEN F. CROOKE (American 1861-1932) CONNECTICUT, PATENTED OCTOBER 20, 1908, the relief bead crown over eight panels of brown, amber and creme mottled slag glass set against pierced graduated rectangular tracery, joined by floret corners, over a skirt of eight rectangular green and creme mottled slag glass panels, mounted against a filigree Greek key repeating motif, the shade marked with patent date, resting on serpentine arms, over a square column support, and raised on a pyramidal base with an incised linear knot motif. Height: 20 1/4" Diameter: 16" NOTE: This lamp was purportedly originally a gas burning lamp, converted for electricity in approximately 1920. Provenance: Collection of Captain John Melmoth Dow.
Now wired for electricity. Some white surface residue throughout, patina throughout, some rubbing of gilt brass finish on base revealing copper tone below. Otherwise in very good condition, wear commensurate with age and use.
Simpson Galleries strongly encourages in-person inspection of items by the bidder. Statements by Simpson Galleries regarding the condition of objects are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements of fact and do not constitute a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability by Simpson Galleries. All lots offered are sold "AS IS."