Diameter: 1/2 inch each (1.3 cm.) 3rd-1st Century B.C. Ex. New York private collection, M.R., acquired in 1970's
Authenticity guaranteed. A certificate + official Aphrodite Gallery authenticity hang-tag will be issued to the winning bidder. Everything sold by Aphrodite Gallery has been legally acquired, we have been selling antiquities for over 15 years and not one negative feedback from a client! Buy with confidence.
Buyer will pay for the shipping charges. Shipping charges will be added to the final cost of the sale. For domestic shipping, buyer will have the option to ship by either USPS Priority Mail Express Mail, or via UPS. For international shipping, we utilize either USPS Express Mail or DHL.
Shipping charges will be calculated separately and the buyer will be responsible for these charges.
Accepted payment methods
Conditions of Sale
The following are the TERMS OF SALE and CONDITIONS for bidding in Live Auction, Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
AUCTION will start at 12:00 PM EST, 9:00 AM PST - Live Online / Absentee / Phone Bidding only.
Kindly read the following "Terms of Sale" carefully. These terms are applicable to all bidders in this auction, collectors and dealers alike. Please do not bid in this auction if you do not agree to all of the terms listed below. Your submission of bids in this auction constitutes your acceptance of these "Terms of Sale."
1. All items in this auction have been legally acquired, are legal to sell, and guaranteed to be AUTHENTIC and DESCRIBED.
2. This is an auction sale, not an approval sale. By bidding in this auction, the bidder personally guarantees payment. The auctioneer has final discretion in all matters. In case of dispute, the lot(s) in question may be resold. Lots will be sold in their numerical sequence unless the auctioneer directs otherwise.
3. HIGH and LOW ESTIMATES are provided for each lot for reference purposes only.
4. No lots will be released / shipped until payment has been made in full. Payment(in U.S. funds) may be made via personal check or money order, via credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover), PayPal or Bank Wire Transfer. For PayPal payments please use "firstname.lastname@example.org" email address for payment processing.
5. BUYER'S PREMIUM: A 24% Buyer's Premium will be added to the final price of each lot purchased through Aphrodite Gallery and will be paid by all bidders without exception. This premium includes the 5% LiveAuctioneers premium.
6. NY SALES TAX: Appropriate New York Sales Tax will be added to all invoices, which is 8.875% added unto the final value of the piece, unless a valid re-sale permit is on file with Aphrodite Gallery.
Items shipped outside of NY (United States or international) are also sales tax exempt.
7. RETURN POLICY: Aphrodite Gallery guarantees 100% client satisfaction. In the event that there is an issue with the order, there is a return window of 7 days upon receipt of piece. Moreover, PLEASE NOTE that a written note by a credible accredited third party expert in the field may be required for any return to be processed. For a refund to be issued, we must receive the item in question back, in the same condition it was mailed, and the buyer will assume return shipment cost. No lot will be accepted for return without prior written consent. There is also a re-stocking fee of 20%.
8. BIDDING will be conducted ONLINE / LIVE as the auction progresses. Bidders may place their bids LIVE, via PHONE or by leaving ABSENTEE BIDS via the Live Auctioneers auction catalog. Please keep in mind that Phone Bids will be accepted on a limited basis and must be arranged in advance.
9. There will be a 6% service charge for PayPal transactions.
10. There will be a 6% service charge for credit card transactions.
11. All payments must be made in full prior to shipment.
12. Title remains with Aphrodite Gallery until payment is made.
13. Payment must be made in U.S. Dollars and may also be made via wire transfer, a personal check or money order, major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), and PayPal.
14. SHIPPING: As a convenience to our buyers, shipping is handled in-house. All buyers will receive an invoice detailing their purchases, sales tax (if applicable), buyer's premium, and shipping/insurance charges. Items will be shipped only upon receipt of payment in full and will be insured for their full value. All U.S. orders are sent with USPS Signature Confirmation.
**Please note, as this is very important---For shipments outside of the USA, customs and duties may apply upon entry into said country; this fee, if any, is the buyer's responsibility. Shipping rates may vary in terms of price when it comes to international shipments. Aphrodite Gallery takes care of all shipping in house and we meticulously package everything with care. For international shipments, we deem the best method of shipment and thus the cost to the buyer, which we reflect in the invoice. We typically ship with the more expensive USPS Express Mail International shipment method with insurance on that as well.
We also offer reduced rates for customers who purchase multiple lots from us.
15. STARTING PRICES may or may not be the actual price at which any item will sell. At the discretion of the auctioneer, starting prices may be lowered to encourage bidding, but this is up to the auctioneer.
16. The auctioneer may open the bidding on any lot by placing a bid on behalf of the seller. The auctioneer may accept or decline any bid, or challenge to any bid, as he in his sole discretion shall determine.
17. ALL BIDDERS must register in order to bid.
18. In the event a successful bidder fails to make payment when due, Artemis Gallery reserves the right to re-sell the merchandise and bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale and also to pay any difference between the resale price and the previously successful bid, together with any incidental costs of sale and disbursements.
19. If the auction invoice is not paid for in full when due per invoice terms, including any applicable credit card processing fees, the unpaid balance will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law until paid in full. If the matter is referred to an attorney for collection, bidder agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees, court costs and other collection cost incurred by Aphrodite Gallery to collect past due invoices and that the services of process by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, shall be sufficient to confer "in personam" jurisdiction over bidder.
20. If the auction invoice is not paid in full, as agreed, within the set date, the unpaid balance will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law, until balance is paid in full.
21. In the event we refer an unpaid invoice to an attorney for collection, bidder agrees to pay all costs incurred by Aphrodite Gallery for this purpose, including: reasonable attorney fees, court costs, and all other collection costs incurred by Aphrodite Gallery.
22. Buyer agrees that New York state law may potentially apply towards any claim or dispute, at the discretion of the auctioneer.
23. QUESTIONS? Feel free to email us at email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org with questions prior to bidding or feel free to call us at 212-987-9878 or 718-669-0061. Please be sure to ask all questions at least 15 minutes prior to auction start time, as we will not be able to take calls or answer emails sent to us during the auction.
Thanks for reading and best of luck at winning a piece! Remember, the feeling of regret is much worse than the feeling of purchasing what you really want!! :)