4 ½”h., Sapphire blue glass, free-blown, teardrop shaped bottle with intact flared lip, horizontally decorated with applied threading of opaque white glass; first century A.D., possibly Gaul, Roman Empire, great patina with iridescence, there are hairline cracks through the bottle,as is, hardly noticeable,no repairs, all original condition ; extremely rare with opaque white continuous threading ; ex. Saxe collection.
17% up to$10,000.00
Buyer Pays Shipping Cost. Shipping and packaging charges will be added to your bill unless the lots are picked up in person. Shipping is done through USPS and UPS unless otherwise requested. Certain items purchased in this auction may be subject to higher shipping charges due to their bulk and size. International shipping will be done by COD.
Pay by check or paypal
Accepted payment methods
1. This is a Glass International on line auction. Back catalogs include, 36 printed ?Rarities In Early American Glass? auction catalogs to date available upon order. We specialize in the finest American blown, pattern mold, and mold blown glass, with seven record sales, ?highest prices paid at auction?, published in the Maine Antiques Digest. We have been in business for 15 years, starting in 2000. We also sell American, folk art & bottles. You can view many of our past sale items and prices realized, articles, collections, etc., at our website www.historicalglass.glass. If you would like to consign to a future auction, or have any questions, please contact us at 609-714-2595, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Each lot in this sale has an estimated price to aid the bidder.
3. The current bid is determined by taking the second highest bid, then increasing it by one bidding increment. Increments will be as follows:
Up to $250.00....increments of $10.00
$250.00-$500.00....increments of $25.00
$500.00-$1,000.00....increments of $50.00
$1, 000-$2,500.00....increments of $100.00
$2,500-$5,000.00....increments of $250.00
$5,000-$10,000.00....increments of $500.00
$10,000.00 & up....increments of $1,000.00
Example: you bid $1000 on a lot, which is the highest bid received to date. The second highest bid is $500 ? the current bid is yours at $525. Any bid received below $1000 will automatically be increased until we reach your maximum bid level.
4. A 17% buyer?s premium will be added to the hammer price up to $10,000 and 14% for 10,000 and higher.
5. The highest bidder shall prevail. It is the sole right of the Auctioneer to settle any dispute. The auctioneer has final say in the sale of an item. The Auctioneer also reserves the right to refuse any bid he believes not to have been made in good faith.
(a) Bids can be taken by approved phone bidders who do not have access to a computer. A valid driver?s license & credit card, current address, and phone number are required to register. When approved, an account will be set up in the bidder?s name, and all bids left will be legally binding.
6. All lots are guaranteed genuine as described both as to condition and authenticity. Any lots may be returned within 10 days if that condition is inaccurately described. We must receive all returned items in the same condition as when shipped. Any dispute as to authenticity must be made within, one month of the auction date.
7. If you are a New Jersey resident, appropriate sales tax will be added to your invoice. If you are exempt from tax by virtue of a resale number, please send us a copy of your certificate, unless it is already on file with us.
8. If you are an out of state or foreign dealer and you wish to pick up your lots at the Gallery you must, make arrangements with us, and submit a New Jersey out of state resale permit.
9. Shipping and packaging charges will be added to your bill unless the lots are picked up in person. All shipping is done via USPS and UPS unless otherwise requested. Certain items purchased in this auction may be subject to higher shipping charges due to their bulk and size. International shipping will be by COD. And only packing and handling charges will be added to your invoice.
10. Successful bidders will be notified by email. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice in U.S. funds.
11. Lots will be shipped upon receipt of payment in full. We will not be available July 1-12, for pickups at the gallery unless special arrangements are made.
12. Bidder will forfeit all claims on lots unpaid for after a period of 3 weeks, unless, we are contacted and other arrangements are made and agreed to by Glass International.
13. For any questions in regard to lots we would strongly urge that you call us at 609-714-2595, or email email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you with your bidding, answer any questions, or give more exact descriptions of the lots. Hours are between 10:00 A.M. ? 5:00 P.M., Monday thru Friday,
ROMAN BLUE UNGUENTARIUM DECORATED IN OPAQUE WHITE GLASS