WALTHER VON AXTHELM (1893 â€“ 1972) German der Flakartillerie in the Luftwaffe, commanded the 1. Flakkorps, a recipient of the Knight's Cross. S.P., 4 1/2" x 7" b/w, signed in blue ink at bottom. Fine.
Buyer pays shipping & handling cost. Shipping to foreign countries is very expensive and will be invoiced according to dimensional weight as required! Please inquire before bidding! Shipments are sent via USPS Priority, USPS International Priority, DHL (for most overseas shipments) or FedEx Ground at the auctioneer's option, signature is always required, unless other arrangements are made. Buyers should be aware that large, framed, fragile or odd shaped items can incur substantial shipping and packing charges. Customers who supply their own courier account number will still be charged a handling fee. Please contact us for estimated charges, especially for international shipments, before placing a bid. We can remove documents from frames for a $10 service charge upon request. Firearms are transferred only where permitted by law, and through a registered Federal Firearms License holder, any associated fees are on buyers account.
Payment due upon receipt of the invoice.
Accepted payment methods
1. This is a live, two-day auction to be held on Tuesday, July 31 and Wednesday, August 1, 2018 beginning at 10:00 AM EST each day. This auction is conducted under the laws of the State of Maryland.
2. Please contact Liveauctioneers at 888-600-2437 if you have difficulties using the Liveauctioneers.com website or logging in.
3. There is a 28% Buyer's Premium charged on the final hammer price of each lot purchased via live bidding or absentee bids placed through Liveauctioneers.com. The buyer's premium is 23% when leaving absentee bids directly through our website or via live telephone bidding.
4. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason at any time. In exceptional cases of clerking errors, third-party bidding platform errors, miscommunication, or other errors beyond the direct control of the auctioneer (such as internet or computer related problems), the auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw the lot after the hammer has fallen but only before any payment has been accepted. We are not responsible in the event of power interruptions, brown-outs, internet, wifi or computer related errors. Please follow the guidelines of Liveauctioneers for technical requirements. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot for any reason.
5. Alexander Historical Auctions has exercised its best efforts to catalog items being offered for auction, including the use of in-house and outsourced experts. However, descriptive information and condition statements are given as a courtesy to clients and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Alexander Historical Auctions shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. All bidders are encouraged to obtain as much information as possible about any item on which they wish to bid, by requesting condition reports and photographic images by email, or preferably, by personal inspection. It is the responsibility of the bidder to examine all material prior to bidding.
6. In the event of duplicate high bids, the earliest bid received will be the winner. Note: Absentee bids left with liveauctioneers.com do not reach the auctioneer until the lot opens during the live sale, thus are not considered early bids! The third-party bidding platform (agent) you are using may have received an earlier bid of equal amount and will consider this an earlier left bid for their purposes only!
9. Some lots may carry a reserve equal to or below the low estimate beneath which the item will not be sold. Actual reserve figures or top absentee bids are not made public.
10. Detailed descriptions of lots and images are available upon request. Bidders are advised that we warrant ONLY printed descriptions and additional information set forth in the addenda and from the auction block. Illustrations of lots in this catalog and our website may have size, brightness or contrast modifications for display purposes. Accurate color representation is not guaranteed. Absolutely nothing discussed over the telephone, email or in person prior to the auction shall be construed as part of a guarantee. Since opinions can differ, particularly in the matter of condition, the auctioneer will be the sole judge in the matter of refunds.
11. Estimated selling prices are for your guidance only. Actual selling prices may be higher or lower than the estimate indicated.
12. The placing of a bid legally binds the bidder to purchase the lot at the bid placed, plus buyer's premium (see item 3). Bids may not be retracted without our approval. Please think before you bid! You are legally bound once you bid. Non-paying bidders will be reported to Liveauctioneers and blocked from future bidding.
12. Absentee Bidding. All bidding is undertaken in a competitive manner. The winning bid will always be one bidding increment over the second highest bid. The minimum acceptable bid for any lot is one-half of the low estimate given in the item description. Absentee bids left with the auctioneer are accepted up to one hour before the start of the auction. Live bidding: Bids entered during the course of the sale by bidders on the floor, on the phone, or live on the internet will be taken at the amount bid.
13. We will invoice you within 5 days of the conclusion of the auction. Please do not contact the auctioneer during the auction for invoicing. Payment is expected immediately upon, but not before, receipt of invoice via email. Payments may be made via phone, email, mail, fax or in person. All accounts are payable to Alexander Historical Auctions. Payment must be made in U.S. funds. Wire transfer details are available upon request. Please note that lots purchased are subject to sales taxes where applicable unless a resale certificate is provided prior to the auction. Invoices not paid within thirty days of the date of invoice will incur a 1.5% per month late payment fee. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, money orders, domestic personal checks (please allow up to 10 days for clearance) and bank wires. Property purchased and paid for by successful bidders but remaining unclaimed after 120 days will be deemed abandoned and title will be ceded to Alexander Historical Auctions LLC. Only successful bidders will be notified with the invoice.
14. Shipment will be via USPS Priority Mail, Fedex Ground or DHL after receipt of payment. Due to the large volume to be shipped please allow up to 14 - 21 days after payment for your shipment. All packages require a signature upon delivery. We are happy to assist you to make arrangements for extra-large or heavy items which we cannot ship directly. Please notify us immediately after the auction if you would like to ship via FedEx on your own account, we will add an appropriate handling charge to the invoice. Multiple lots may be combined into one package at our discretion. Shipping to foreign countries is very expensive and will be invoiced according to dimensional weight as required! Please inquire before bidding!
15. All autograph material in this sale is guaranteed genuine for the life of the original purchaser (unless otherwise stated or if contrary to other provisions of these terms). Any autograph item sold which is determined to be not authentic by two independent authenticators acceptable to both parties to the sale may be returned by the original buyer at any time for a refund of the purchase price (only). Non-autograph items are guaranteed genuine for a period of twenty-one (21) days of receipt if determined to be not authentic by two independent authenticators acceptable to both parties to the sale. Some lot may be sold in as-is condition and are marked as such in the description. These items are not returnable for any reason.
16. All returned lots must be in the same condition as shipped. All items are in very good condition unless stated otherwise. Items housed in frames have not been examined outside of the frame. Lots which bear defects or damage not visible because of framing will not be subject to return. Auctioneer will not be responsible for shipping costs, after auction appraisal fees, testing or any other post auction costs. Under no circumstances will the auctioneer be responsible for lost profits or other financial damages.
17. Any lot containing 5 or more items is not subject to return for any reason.
18. We do not examine the condition of items contained within frames beyond what is visible within the frame, therefore we are not responsible for any damage or defect not visible to us, including mounting, silking, marginal damage, etc. Bidders are advised that we are not selling frames, and therefore the condition of the frame shall not be considered reason for return. Shipping costs for framed items may vary greatly depending on the size and/or weight of the frame, and at times these charges may be quite substantial. Customers may request us to remove artwork from its frame to reduce shipping charges. We will accommodate customers in that respect for an additional charge of $10.00 per framed item, but such service will be undertaken at our sole discretion. Alexander Historical Auctions will absolutely not be responsible for any damage caused to the VISIBLE area during removal of a frame. We will in no way be responsible for any pre-existing hidden damage or defect, nor will we be responsible for any damage caused by us to any previously hidden portion of the artwork, its mount, or any material matted with the artwork during removal from the frame.
19. The placing of any bid shall constitute acceptance of the preceding terms and conditions of sale as well as the Bidding Procedure guidelines and Terms posted on our website.