the open work and curved triangular platinum mount centering on two old mine cut diamonds, one weighing approximately 2.13 carats (J color, SI1 clarity) and one weighing approximately 1.88 carats (J color, SI2 clarity) and with ten bezel set old European cut diamonds weighing approximately 4.80 total carats (averaging K color, SI2 clarity) and accented with (30) bead and bezel set old rose cut diamonds weighing approximately .43 total carat, completed with a single pin stem and trombone closure, unmarked. Total diamond weight approximately 9.24 carats.
The two larger old mine cut diamonds measure approximately 7.40 x 6.80 x 4.52mm and 7.38 x 6.90 x 5.12mm. The ten old European cut diamonds measure approximately: one at 6.5mm; one at 5.5mm; two at 5.2mm; one at 5.0mm; one at 4.75mm; one at 4.5mm; two at 4.2mm; and one at 4.0mm.
1 3/8 x 2 in.
Accompanied by original Leopoldo Janesich leather and gilt presentation case.
Opening his first shop in Trieste in 1835, Leopoldo Janesich (1802-1880) established a clientele of nobility, the aristocracy, and the elite and included the Archduke of Austria and King Nicholas of Montenegro. The house of Janesich would later open salons in Paris, Monte Carlo, Vichy, and London.
Additional high-resolution photos are available at LelandLittle.com