FREE SHIPPING TO THE USA! PROFESSIONALLY CUSTOM GALLERY FRAMED!
Lithograph "Moulin Rouge, Concert Bal" by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec . This lithograph was originally housed loose (unbound) in the portfolio. The dimensions are approx 13 x 9 inches.
An in-house certificate of authenticity is provided; guaranteed as described.
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec Born on November 24, 1864, in Albi, France, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec pursued painting as a youth and went on to create innovations in lithograph drawing. He became highly famed for his posters, influenced by Japanese styles and Impressionist Edgar Degas, and for imbuing marginalized populations with humanity in his art, including sex workers, as seen in his 1896 print series Elles. Other notable works include At the Moulin Rouge and The Streetwalker. Consumed by heavy drinking and suffering from various illnesses, he died on September 9, 1901, at the age of 36.
At the Moulin Rouge (French: Au Moulin Rouge) is an oil-on-canvas painting by French artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. It was painted between 1892 and 1895. It is one of a number of works by Toulouse-Lautrec depicting the Moulin Rouge cabaret built in Paris in 1889; the others include At the Moulin Rouge, The Dance and the poster Moulin Rouge: La Goulue.
The painting portrays near its center a group of three men and two women sitting around a table situated on the floor of the cabaret. From right to left, the people at the table include: ƒdouard Dujardin, dancer La Macarona, photographer Paul Secau, and photographer Maurice Guibert. In the right foreground, apparently sitting at a different table is a partial profile, with face lit in a distinctive light, English dancer May Milton. In the background, on the right, is the dancer La Goulue with another woman; the center-left background shows Toulouse-Lautrec himself and Gabriel TapiŽ de CŽleyran.
At the Moulin Rouge is owned by the Art Institute of Chicago as part of the Helen Birch Bartlett Memorial Collection, where it was first displayed on December 23, 1930. It was exhibited in London in 2011 at the Courtauld Institute of Art.