MONUMENTAL ROYAL VIENNA STYLE PORCELAIN VASE YOUNG GIRL Maidens at Le Ruisseau France
This impressive museum quality baluster form vase with high shoulders depicts 8 classically dressed maidens among lush foliage, waterfall stream with rocks, apple blossom tree, standing, frolicking and hair primping, while also picking apple blossoms. This colorful hand painted reserve measures close to 20 inches tall is 30 inches in circumference at its widest and is surrounded by a fine cobalt ground accented with raised gilt detailing. The opposite reserve is masterfully hand embellished, centering a fantastic repouse floral cartouche with C-scroll embellishment. This museum quality vase would make an impressive addition to any fine estate or important collection.
- ORIGIN: Austria, late 19th century
- SIGNED: F. HOLZEL
- MARKED: (blue beehive) Royal Vienna style (Underside)
- SIZE: 19-7/8 In. Height x 30 In. Circumference (widest point)
- WEIGHT: 14 lbs. - 10.6 oz.
- INSCRIBED: LE RUISSEAU (raised gilt)
- CONDITION REPORT: Absolutely stunning. No fleabites, nicks, scratches, cracks, repairs, in-paint; virtually flawless. Normal wear to underside commensurate with age and shelf use.