Faintly signed lower left, verso reads: "Collection of Mrs. Marion McMahon, Wilmette, Ill, Artist: C.F. Daubigny, Title: "On the Oise."
A French landscapist of the Barbizon School. The place Daubigny loved best was the village of Auver-sur-Oise, to which he returned every year. Aboard his barge, a floating studio, he sometimes went down the Oise and the Seine.
- By registering to bid for this auction (either in-house or online) and/or placing a bid in this
auction. The BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Sarasota Estate
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots MUST be paid for via wire transfer or cashierÂ’s check
upon receipt of invoice, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding. A list of local shippers is
available upon request
- All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Sarasota Estate Auction can provide condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and
assumes no liability for any error or omission. Conditions or Descriptions are opinions of our
staff and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition,
mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets
with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply
that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the
effects of aging. - Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading
process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email.
Sight Size: 20 x 36 in.
Overall Size: 27 x 43 in.
Medium: Oil on canvas