1980 Opening Ceremony at Lake Placid; Olympic gold medal winning gymnastics champion, Mary Lou Retton with participants in ABC Fun Fit with publicity snipe; Official logo of the Sarajevo Olympic Comm.; ; ABC photo of sportscaster Chris Schenkel and PBA Hall of F ame bowling star Nelson Burton, JR.; ABC six sectioned photo of Professional Bowlers Tour, all of the last three with publicity snipes. Five in the lot. 6' x 8"
When your invoice is paid, your item or items will be released to our shipper who will contact you regarding shipping If you should not come to terms re: the shipping, the items will be returned to us so you may seek another shipper. If you plan to pick your items up at the gallery please advise us of same so we may retain them for your pick up. . Please contact Newburgh Shippers with any questions regarding shipping. 845 561 5950 or email at email@example.com We cannot be responsible for any properties not paid for or picked up after 30 days. We do have an expectation that invoices will be paid within 10 days following the sale.
You may pay with cash, travelers checques, cashiers check, certified funds, wire transfer or business and personal checks if known to us. We reserve the right to hold merchandise until business or personal checks clear. You may also pay by American Express, Visa, Master Card and Discover. Paypal is available utilitizing a transfer of funds from your account, e-checks, or the credit card of your choice (if accepted by Paypal).
Accepted payment methods
Terms & Conditions
This catalogue, may be amended by any posted notices during the sale. Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. and the Consigner's entire agreement with the purchaser relative to the property listed herein. The following conditions of sale are the only terms and conditions by which all properties are offered for sale. The property will be offered by us as the agent for the Consigner unless the catalogue indicates otherwise. By bidding at auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet or by other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
1. All properties are sold as is, and neither we nor the Consigner make any warranties or representations with respect to any lot sold including but not limited to the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the origin, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, attribution, authorship, importance, medium, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of the property, and no statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a warranty or representation. All sizes listed are approximate. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine its condition, size, and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. WE AND THE CONSIGNORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO WARRANTIES ARE MADE THAT ANY OF THE MERCHANDISE COMPLIES WITH ANY APPLICABLE GOVERNMENTAL RULES, REGULATIONS OR ORDINANCES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER. Neither Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. as agent nor the Consigner is responsible for any faults or defects in any lot or the correctness of any statement as to the authorship of any origin, authorship, date, age, attribution, genuineness, provenance or condition of any lot. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Information regarding condition can be requested prior to the auction by contacting Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (914-882-7356,. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact.
2. A buyer?s premium will be added to the purchase of all lots in the sale, and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price. The buyer?s premium for bidders participating in the auction in person or in absentia, either on the telephone or by submitting written bids in advance, is 22%. The buyer?s premium for internet bidders is 25%. Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. also receives a commission directly from the Consignors.
3. We reserve the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
4. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalogue.
5. All bids placed, and all payments made must be in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. Bank.
6. Payments are due promptly at the conclusion of the auction, and in the case of absentee and internet bidders, within 10 days of receipt of invoice.
7. We reserve the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder, acknowledged by the auctioneer, will be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion whether to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, our sale records are conclusive. Although in our discretion, we will execute other order bids or accept telephone bids as a convenience to clients who are not present at auctions, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in connection therewith.
8. If the auctioneer decides that any opening bid is below the value of the article offered, he or she may reject the same and withdraw the article from sale, and if having acknowledged on opening bid, he or she decides that any advance thereafter is insufficient, he or she may reject the advance.
9. Some of the lots in this auction may be offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold. We may implement such reserves by bidding on behalf of the Consignors. In certain instances the Consignors may pay us less than the standard commission rate where a lot is ?bought in? to protect its reserve. Where the Consignors are indebted to us or has a monetary guarantee from us, and in certain other instances where we or any affiliated companies may have an interest in the offered lots and the proceeds there from other than our commission, we may bid therefore to protect such interests. Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. may act to protect the reserve by bidding through the auctioneer. The auctioneer may open bidding on any lot below the reserve by placing a bid on behalf of the seller. The auctioneer may continue to bid on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve either by placing consecutive bids or by placing bids in response to other bidders.
10. On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, title to the offered lot will pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer, subject to fulfillment by such bidder, of all the conditions set forth herein, and such bidder thereupon a) assumes full risk and responsibility thereof, but not limited to, insurance, fire, theft, removal and storage or damage from any and all causes, and b) will pay the full purchase price thereof or such part as we may require.
11. Unless exempted by law, the purchaser will be required to pay NY state and local sales tax. A bona fide re-sale certificate will need to be provided
12. These Terms and Conditions of Sale as well as the purchaser's and our respective rights and obligations thereunder shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. By bidding at an auction, whether present in person or by agent, order bid, telephone or by other means, the purchaser shall be deemed to have consented to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of New York, with exclusive venue in the County of New York.
13. We are not responsible for the act or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser. In no event will our liability to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid.
14. Estimates do not represent any opinion or guarantee of actual value or ultimate sale price. Actual prices realized for items can fall below or above this range. They should not be relied upon as a prediction or guarantee of the actual selling price. They are prepared well in advance of the sale and are subject to revision.
15. Should any disputes arise pertaining to purchases at this auction or any other matters relating to the auction, such disputes shall be brought in the courts of the State of New York. Venue shall be within the New York State, County of Orange.
16. Any claim regarding a purchase must be made by the successful bidder to Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd., in writing, certified mail, return receipt requested, within 30 days of the final day of the live auction. Thereafter, all claims shall be time-barred.
17. The copyrights in and to the items depicted in this catalogue, and the rights of publicity to the names, images and likenesses of persons or items depicted in this catalogue, are exclusively owned by the Consignors of the property or third parties.
Participating In the Auction
You Can Bid at this Auction without Pre-Establishing Credit
We accept American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discover, Paypal, Cash and Checks with the understanding that merchandise may be held until regular check clears.
One may bid by calling the gallery or e-mailing us and arranging to be an absentee bidder or telephone bidder.
Shipping, handling and insurance for all absentee bid items are the responsibility of the winning bidder. Bidding increments are at the discretion of the auctioneer. In the case of tie bids the first bid received will be given priority.
Those who are unable to attend the auction but would like to participate can view the full catalogue online, and leave advance absentee bids, as well as bid live as the sale is taking place at www.Liveauctioneers.com and sometimes at www.Invaluable.com. For further information, please visit Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries website or Liveauctioneers.com Links from the Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries website www.midhudsongalleries.com to the site will be available approximately three weeks before the event. Lots in this catalogue and in the addendum to this catalogue can be bid on through Liveauctioneers.com prior to - and during - the live auction, provided that the bidder has completed the Liveauctioneers registration process and been approved for bidding.
Removal/Shipment of Purchases
PURCHASERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING AND PACKING COSTS. All pick-ups must be made immediately following the auction, unless other arrangements are made with Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. Inasmuch as Mid-Hudson Auction .
Removal of Purchases Acquired Through Absentee, Phone & Internet Bidding If you are a successful Internet or Absentee Bidder?.
1. You will receive an invoice by email following the auction. If you believe you are a successful bidder and don?t receive an invoice, please contact Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries Ltd. (914-882-7356; email@example.com)
2. Payment is due promptly and within 10 days of receipt of invoice.
3. Purchases paid for by wire transfer, bank or cashier?s check as well as credit cards or Paypal will be available for release immediately.
4. Purchases paid for by personal or business check will be held until the check has cleared
5. Not Applicable
6. Purchasers are responsible for all shipping costs Should you wish to learn more about your shipping options, please contact Newburgh Shipping prior to the auction or afterwards 845 561 5950
Please not that for the sale. of Dec. 1 2018, we have stated in the description of the sale herein that 40-50 items of The Texas Collection will not be on view during exhibition days and if purchased will be shipped from Texas. These items will not be able to be picked up at our gallery I New Windsor. In addition to these special instructions, the week of Nov. 12th these items will have Texas Coll added to their descriptions in the catalogue to so identify them