Oil painting of army tug DPC 16. Built by Lawley and Son, Neponset Mass in 1944. She was 86 feet long. Sold in 1946 as Gremlin, later Alice St. Philip and Honcho. Tug is shown in great detail. Rear of canvas states FINISHED 9/22/44. 26 X 19
There are PLENTY of shipping options! Do not let shipping discourage you from bidding!
*All items are available for pick up at our Gallery at 483 Washington St. Norwell, MA 02061.
We recommend the UPS store at 288 Grove St. Braintree, MA 02184 | (781) 356-8771 or store4792@theUPSStore.com
For larger items requiring over the road movers we recommend
1) MacDonald Moving Co a subsidiary of United Van Lines (we have been using them for transport for 25 years!). 434 Elm St, Bridgewater, MA 02324
Phone: (508) 697-0110. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Scott Cousins, Fine Art Mover - Phone (978) 491-9353; Email: email@example.com
We are also able to pack and ship via UPS from our Gallery directly. Any estimates given prior to purchasing are only estimates and should be viewed as such
American Express, Visa, Mastercard accepted.
Cashiers check, personal check, business check, cash accepted within 3 days of sales close.
Checks must be made out to Lannan Gallery and sent to 483 Washington St. Norwell, MA 02061
Accepted payment methods
- Full purchase price includes hammer, buyer's premium and any tax, shipping or handling charges to be added.
- Payment is due in full no more than 3 days following the Sale. BHA accepts cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover for payments $4999.00 USD and under. All payments $4,999.99 and over must be made in the form of a personal, bank or business check made out to Lannan Gallery or wire transfer.
It is the responsibility of the bidder to organize retrieval of their purchases after payment has cleared.
Massachusetts State Sales Tax
Massachusetts State Sales Tax of 6.25% on top of the total invoice will be added to all bidders' invoices unless prior to bidding a Resale Certificate has been presented to BHA or Live Auctioneers.
Unless a Resale Certificate has been presented prior to pick up, any purchase carried out of the showroom will not be released until all Sales Tax obligations have been fulfilled and whether or not, at the initial time of invoicing, a bill of sale reflected the sales tax.
BHA reserves the right to adjust invoices that reflect sales tax if an undisputed shipper has not been dispatched by the bidder at the time of pick up.
For any further instructions or help with the bidding process, please see bostonharborauctions.com
- Bidders are expected to personally examine all property to be sold prior to the beginning of the auction.
If bidders are unable to personally examine the lots they are obligated to make inquiries to satisfy any concerns about any and all lots they wish to place bids on. The bidder is accountable for any and all subjective assumptions as to the condition or correctness of description on any and all lots in this sale made by the bidder.
- Property is sold AS IS.
- BHA has exercised reasonable care to catalog and describe correctly the property to be sold, however neither BHA, it's representatives, the auctioneer nor it's consignors warrant the correctness of description, attribution, authenticity, or condition of said property.
No statements shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability with respect thereto, but are to be construed as opinions only.
- The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws or characteristics of age. BHA is not responsible for errors or omissions of condition. Condition details are offered as a courtesy to bidders and are opinions only, not statements of fact and do not imply any warranty concerning condition or any assumption of liability.
- All Sales are final.
- You (the bidder) acknowledges that bidding in our live auction serves as acceptance of these terms and is irrevocable, cannot be amended or corrected. You accept full liability for your bids submitted via your online bidding account. This includes the liability to pay in full and on time in accordance with the Bid Conditions for any lot that is subject of a successful bid submitted by your account.
- Boston Harbor Auctions (BHA), Lannan Ship Model Gallery, LLC (LSMG)and it's suppliers accept no liability for any failure or delay in executing bids or any errors contained in bids placed via the online bidding service. BHA, LSMG and it's suppliers provide the internet bidding service and their respective websites without any warranty or condition, expressed, implied or statutory.
We accept no liability in any failures, delays or errors caused by interruptions in the availability of the online bidding service or our website or any errors or defects in their content or functionality, any software and/or hardware defects (whether yours or ours) and/or any internet connection problems (whether yours or ours).
We do not represent or warrant that the online bidding service or the website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components or that any defects will be corrected.
The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer may determine who is the successful bidder or the auctioneer may re-offer the article in dispute and his decision shall be final.
- Except as herein otherwise provided, title will pass to the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer and the property is thereafter at the purchaser's sole risk and responsibility. BHA is by no means responsible for any purchases left after the lot has been hammered.
Some of the lots in this sale are subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the consignor and BHA below which the lot cannot be sold. The reserve should not be considered equivalent or relevant to the Suggested Opening Bid. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of such lot.
Bidding on any article(s) indicates acceptance of the terms set forth above.
All registrants are responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of sale prior to the time of sale including the bidding process and the auction process itself.
These conditions of sale and any suits arising thereunder shall be construed and governed by the Laws of Massachusetts.
These conditions of sale cannot be altered except by a BHA representative or by public announcement by the auctioneer at the time of sale.
BHA will exercise all of it's rights and remedies under the law for any unpaid lots passed to the highest bidder for any reason.