Rare hand-stamp of the "Association of Former Jewish Policemen in Israel" ("Igud HaShotrim HaYehudiyim LeSheavar BeIsrael"), circa. 1950s; size: 25.5 x 26.5 x 24mm, weight: 15.25g: features Hebrew legend surmounting the emblem of the Mandate-era Palestine Police ("PP"); metal stamp on square wooden block. When the Israeli Police was founded on 14 May 1948 it inherited almost completely the legacy of British policing embodied by the now-disbanded Palestine Police - ranks, style of uniform, training and professional outlook; in 1958 the Israel Police underwent transformation, shedding most of its British traditions and adopting a more "Hebrew" style of work and appearance. In all likelihood this Association emblem relates to the period from 1948-57; little is known about the association and the present "Israeli Retired Policemen Association" was founded in 1969. Of note, the association's name uses the word "Yehudim" (Jews) to describe its members rather than the more widely used Zionist expression of "Ivriim" ("Hebrew").