Offered here is a Rare Signed Limited Edition print, titled The Entrance to the Chicago River, looking West, in 1876
, by famed maritime artist John Stobart. In this dramatic work, artist Stobart vividly captures the energy of river commerce in Victorian Chicago. A compelling representation of an important moment in Chicago's maritime history. This lovely print features and attractive wood frame ready for hanging, and is double-matted.
- Artist: John Stobart
- Title: The Entrance to the Chicago River, Looking West, in 1876
- Signature: Signed and numbered by the artist
- Medium: Print
- Frame size: 31 inches x 42 inches
- Image size: 22 inches x 32 inches
- Published by: Maritime Heritage Prints, Inc.
- Signed in pencil by the artist, LR
- Numbered 573 from a limited edition of 750, LR
- Condition of image: Excellent
- Condition of frame: Very good. There are a few nicks and marks on the wood
John Stobart (British, b. 1929) was accepted to the prestigious Royal Academy of Arts in London in 1950. His paintings and limited edition prints are collected around the world and seen by visitors of the Peabody Museum in Massachusetts and the Portland Museum in Maine. The well-known and avidly collected artist continues to travel widely, researching and capturing the ports and vessels as they were in the great era of sail and steam.
This Rare Limited Edition Print commemorates Chicago history and would be the perfect gift for an art collector or for someone interested in the city's maritime history!!