HB-163, EP-120, S-116, R-KE10"Applications for AAdvertingon this currency. To be addressed to Kirkpatrick & Gault, No. 1 Park Place, N.Y. (Pat. Aug. 12, 1862)Cleaned XF, couple of marks on stamp, oil residue on mica. :
Buyer Pays Shipping Cost
Contact For Payment Details
Accepted payment methods
Local Taxes Apply
Holabird-Kagin Americana Auction Participation
1. This is a Live Auction which includes a Mail Bid/Absentee Only Section.
2. Live Auction Absentee Bidding: Absentee bids for the live auction will be accepted until two hours prior to the start of the live auction. After that time only from one of the specified auction networks will be accepted. You must register to bid PRIOR to the live auction if you wish to bid live. Registration will be accepted up until the start time of the live auction. You can register in person the day of the event, over the phone, by email, or on any of our online auction sites. It is your responsibility to place and verify receipt of all absentee bids for the live auction by the specified deadline. We are not responsible for honoring absentee bids not received or placed late. You may bid on items in the sale by mail, email, phone, fax or via the internet. If you do not already have a permanent bidder number, you will receive a bidder number after you Register to bid. It is your responsibility to submit all lot numbers and bid amounts accurately. Absentee bids should be equal to at least 50% of the low estimate if an estimate is provided. At the auctioneer's discretion, some lots may start at some minimal amount during the live sale. It is your responsibility to call us to make sure that we received your bids. Bids on "No Lots" or "Withdrawn" Lots are considered no bids.
3. Mail-Bid/Absentee Only Section Bidding. A portion of this sale is designated as "Mail-Bid" or "Absentee Only". The Mail-Bid/Absentee Only portion of the sale will close approximately one week after the live auction, according to the Auction Information for this auction. You may bid on items in this section of the sale by mail, email, online, by fax or by phone. If you do not already have a permanent bidder number, you will receive a bidder number after registering. It is your responsibility to submit all lot numbers and bid amounts accurately. Absentee bids should be equal to at least 50% of the low estimate if an estimate is provided. Bids for the Mail-Bid/Absentee Only Section of the auction (if applicable) will be accepted for approximately one week following the live auction, according to the requirements and deadlines stated on the current Auction Information page. All bids must be received prior to the specified time, as the sale is closed by an automated computer process. It is your responsibility to verify that we received your bid. Bids on "No Lots" or "Withdrawn" Lots are considered no bids.
4. Floor Bidding. Please arrive a few minutes early to register, check in and receive your bidding paddle. We will open lots with more than one bid at the current high absentee bid or 50% of the low estimate at the auctioneer's discretion. Please be sure to bid on the correct lots during the live auction. Our auctions progress at a rate of between 100 to 240 lots per hour, depending upon floor activity, with an average of about 150 lots per hour. When the auctioneer says "sold" he will identify the successful bidder by number and announce the winning bid amount. If you are not sure whether you won the lot or not it is your responsibility to ask for clarification immediately. Tie bids are awarded to the first absentee bid placed if not advanced on the floor, by a phone bidder or by a live internet bidder. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reopen the lot in the case of an immediate dispute at the actual time of the sale.
5. Telephone Bidding. Telephone bidding requests MUST be scheduled prior to this auction. If you do not schedule in advance, and choose instead to call on the day of the auction to request a line for bidding, you may find that we are unable to accommodate your request. We request that telephone lines are only reserved for those whose bidding total is greater than $200.
6. Internet Bidding. Absentee and Live internet bidding are both available by following the links from our homepage at www.holabirdamericana.com. If you wish to bid via the internet absentee only, you may use your previously assigned HKA bidder number and our regular online auction software. If you wish to bid LIVE via the internet, you MUST register at either Stamp Auction Network OR ICollector.com, and bid only through that site. Any existing customers who choose to bid LIVE via the internet through one of our newly available auction networks, will need to re-register through that network and will be assigned a new bidder number for that network. WARNING: Do not register to bid, place absentee bid, or bid live at more than one online, auction network or bidding errors may result. A live video and sound feed will be accessible during the auction for those bidding via the internet. Absentee bids will also be accepted on all our auction networks, but all absentee bidding will be shut down 2 hours prior to the auction. Bidding will reopen for the live portion when the auction starts. To visit these sites directly, go to www.stampauctionnetwork.com or www.icollector.com. Absentee internet bidding is easily accessible after you Register to bid online and Sign In. Follow the link from our homepage at www.holabirdamericana.com to get to our online catalog and place absentee bids. Absentee internet bidding for the Mail-Bid/Absentee Section Only of the auction will remain open until the date indicated on the current Auction Information page.
7. Agent Bidding: There are numerous professional agents available to assist you should you require this service. Please contact the office for a list or to pre-arrange for representation on the floor during the live auction.
8. Bid Reduction. All winning absentee bids will be reduced to the next bidding increment, unless the bid is at 50% of the low estimate. For example, if you submit an absentee bid of $1000 on a lot estimated at $200, and the next highest bid is $250, then you will win the lot for $275.
9. Bid Increments. Absentee bids must be submitted in the appropriate increments as outlined below. IF you choose to submit bids in an increment not listed below, your bid will be rounded either up or down to the nearest increment and you will be expected to pay the amount to which the bid was rounded should your bid be the winning bid. If you have any questions about an appropriate bid amount, please call us.
The bidding increments are as follows:
Current Bid Increment Current Bid Increment
Under $30 $ 1 $ 500 - $1,450 $ 50
$ 30 - $95 $ 5 $1,500 - $3,400 $100
$100 - $190 $10 $3,500 - $9,750 $250
$200 - $475 $25 $10,000 and up $500
10. Reserves: Most of the lots in this auction are unreserved.
11. Bid Information. Collectors often ask in advance the price level of a particular lot. We will give out the current competitive high absentee bid until the day of the auction. You may also view the Current Bids on our auction site by following the link from our homepage. If you missed our absentee internet bidding deadline, you may call our office and ask if you can still submit bids, or you may participate in live bidding during the auction. Last minute bids phoned or faxed in before the auction begins run a risk of not being executed, though we will do our best to honor all bids we receive. For last minute bidding it is best to speak to a live representative. Our client list and all under-bidder information is proprietary. Please do not request this information
12. Bid Cancellation. If you wish to cancel a bid after you have submitted your bids to us due to an error, you MUST PHONE us to advise us of this. Bid cancellations through mail, email or fax are not advisable. Errors are easy to make and we are happy to assist all callers.
13. Buyers Premium. There will be a 17.5% Buyer's Premium added to each lot. This premium includes a 3% discount for transactions paid with cash, valid checks, money orders or wire transfers. All other forms of payment are not subject to the 3% discount.
14. Invoicing, Payment, Sales Tax & Lot Pick Up. Invoices are mailed or emailed within two business days after the sale. Payment is due in full within 15 days of receipt of invoice to Holabird-Kagin Americana, 3555 Airway Dr., #308, Reno, NV 89511. We accept cash, personal checks, money orders etc. All returned checks are subject to a $25 fee. Cash received in amounts greater than $10,000 are subject to the filing of IRS 8300 forms, as required by law. Sales tax will be added to all sales picked-up after the auction or shipped to California or Nevada addresses, according to state law, unless a resale certificate is provided. Lots will be available for pick up at the Holabird office the first business day following the end of each section of the auction, or items will be shipped from our Reno office once payment has been received.
15. Shipping. All purchases will be shipped upon payment of the total amount due on the invoice, via our approved, insured carriers, Federal Express or the US Postal Service. We do not ship any purchases until we receive payment in full. If you choose not to pick up your lot in person you will assume all shipping and handling fees that apply to your purchase. A $5 Handling Charge will be billed on all shipments. All items shipped will be insured for the full value determined at auction by Holabird-Kagin Americana at no extra cost to the buyer. Some shipments may require special handling, for which individual costs will be calculated.
16. Return Policy. You may return any piece that was significantly inaccurately described within one week of receipt of item(s). We do not refund postage or insurance. We have attempted to describe condition accurately. If no condition is given, assume average. When we receive your bids we will assume you have read the description in the catalog, viewed the image of the item and have contacted us regarding any questions you may have on any lot. Please call us if you require a more specific condition report. NGC certified tokens that are returned must be returned in the exact, original, unaltered NGC holders. Any tokens removed from the original NGC/NCS certification holder are deemed different merchandise and are not returnable.
17. Results. Please do not contact our office until at least four business days after the auction closes to request results. Results are also available free online almost immediately. To request a printed version, please contact the office.
18. All stock certificates, checks, warrants and other financial documents sold herein are sold as antiques, and have no financial, securities, or public trading value whatsoever, other than as an antique.