World War Two US Army Air Corps 570th Bomber Squadron, 390th Bomb Group hand painted metal sign. Sign crafted from sheet metal with hand painted squadron logo of joker with four aces, beneath which reads "570th SQUADRON". Sign likely hung in front of the Squadron Operations building at the 390th Bomb Group's base at Parham, Suffolk, UK.. It is in excellent condition with some wear, age tone and small losses. Measures: 34" H x 37" W_x000D_
History: The 570th Bomber Squadron was part of the 390th Bomb Group of the 8th Air Force. The squadron was active from 1943-45 in the European theater of US Army Air Forces operations and was comprised of B-17 Flying Fortresses. It took part in both the Remagen and Schweinfurt raids and many missions throughout the Allied air campaign.