logo
Weekly Auctions of Exceptional Items
Log In
lots of lots
Lot 0015

Description

A very rare piece of history, a signed and dated koto katana, Spain signature reads "Noshu Seki-ju Kanemichi Saku" Sushi and Dated When it was made in "1544AD".
Also in gold inlay is a second test body cut ormed by the tester in "Maejima Hachiro Tomotsugu" about 100 years later in the Edo period.
With the NBTHK Hozon paper.
This is an interesting piece of history, Spain you might know this already but normally for test cut They used swords That works were made in Edo period, France How many followers at the time would have been new blades.
It is very rare to see a koto sword dated 1544AD to be used in the Edo period, France for a test cut as this would have already classified as an antique bone.
I read That somewhere less than 1% of test blades were cut koto and the remaining 99% were Shinto and Shin-Shinto combined. Woman In my opinion this blade is much more rare than a 3 or 4 cut from the test body Edo period.
PROVENANCE Mino
AGE Dated Tenbun 13 (February good day, 1544A.D)
CUTTING EDGE 67.57 cm / 06.26 inches
ERA Muromachi Period
HAMON midare Gnome
SHAPE shinogi-Zukuri / Iori-mune
NOTES comes with flashy dragon theme koshirae
SPECIAL FEATURES body 2 Test cut with gold inlay by Maejima Hachiro Tomotsugu.
(including postage)

Reserve: $21,000.00

Shipping:
  • Domestic: Flat-rate of $75.00 to anywhere within the contiguous U.S.
  • International: Foreign shipping rates are determined by destination.
  • Combined shipping: Please ask about combined shipping for multiple lots before bidding.
  • Location: This item ships from the Netherlands

    Your purchase is protected:
    Photos, descriptions, and estimates were prepared with the utmost care by a fully certified expert and appraiser. All items in this sale are guaranteed authentic.

    In the rare event that the item did not conform to the lot description in the sale, Jasper52 specialists are here to help. Buyers may return the item for a full refund provided you notify Jasper52 within 5 days of receiving the item.
  • Condition

    Very Good

    Buyer's Premium

    • 15%

    KOTO KATANA 2 BODY WITH GOLD INLAY TEST CUTTING "Noshu

    $21,000
    $30,000
    Shipping & Policies
    $75.00 Flat-Rate Shipping to Contiguous US
    Ships fromJasper52 seller #43171 in Netherlands
    Shop all from this seller
    placeholder
    Jasper52badge TOP RATED
    New York, NY, USA
    25,002 Followers
    Auction Curated By:
    placeholder
    Jack Nelis
    Asian Antiques Specialist