MEMPHIS, Tenn. – With tens of thousands of fans in the city for Elvis Week to celebrate the life and career of the king of rock ’n’ roll, music fans and collectors in Memphis and around the world participated on site and online in hopes of going home with a piece of Elvis history at The Auction at Graceland. The 208-lot sale grossed approximately $800,000. Absentee and Internet live bidding was available through LiveAuctioneers.
The auction featured 208 rare and unique artifacts expertly authenticated by Graceland Authenticated. The auction included artifacts from across the spectrum of collecting, including items owned by Elvis, gifted by Elvis, signed by Elvis, used by Elvis and created to promote the king and his career.
– Gen. Omar Bradley owned 1942 Beretta Model M1934 9mm Corto caliber pistol (above) gifted to Elvis Presley on Dec. 9, 1970, later gifted to girlfriend Barbara Leigh: $51,250.
– Elvis Presley owned 14K gold Bulova wristwatch with “EP” engraved on the reverse sold through LiveAuctioneers for $11,250.
– Elvis Presley owned large 14K yellow gold and blue lapis ring with diamonds and garnets (below): $43,750.
– July 8, 1955 publishing agreement between Elvis Presley and Hill and Range Songs Inc. Signed by Elvis, Vernon Presley, Gladys Presley and Jean Aberbach: $37,500.
– RIAA Gold Record Award for Elvis Presley’s 1956 album ‘Elvis Presley,’ awarded in 1966: $12,500
– Collection of nine news service photos of Elvis Presley at his 1956 concert in Tupelo, Mississippi: $8.750.
– Elvis Presley owned original oil painting of his airplane the Lisa Marie: $11,375.
– Elvis Presley owned turquoise and silver statement necklace gifted to J.D. Sumner: $13,750.
Although the sale was presented by Graceland Auctions, all of the items in the auction were from third-party collectors and none of the items included in the auction came from the Graceland Archives. The mansion and all artifacts in the Graceland Archives continue to be owned by Lisa Marie Presley and are not for sale.
To have an artifact considered for inclusion in future Graceland Auctions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.