888 Auctions to feature modern art, Asian antiques Sept. 27
RICHMOND HILL, Ontario – Approximately 400 fresh-to-market items will be available to the highest bidder Thursday, Sept. 27, at 888 Auctions. Modern paintings, fine art and Asian antiques are featured prominently in the sale. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
The star piece of the auction features a gouache on paper featuring a figure attributed to Henri Matisse (French, 1869-1954) at lot 74. This work (below) is expected to surpass its high estimate of $4,000.
Another standout piece can be seen at Lot 93, featuring a tempera and oil on paper and attributed to Rene Magritte (Belgian, 1898-1967). Featuring a surrealist figure of the man wearing a hat and signed on the lower corner, this important piece is garnering significant interest in the catalog and expected to exceed its high estimate of $7,000.
Lot 141 features a charming scene of nuns rendered on oil on board and signed by Carlo Canevari (Italian, 1922-1997). Featuring a surrealist composition portrait and signed on the lower left margin, this piece (below) features a high estimate of $2,500.
Other modern art pieces can be found at the following lots:
– Lot 42: Gustav Klimt (Austrian, 1862-1918) pen & ink on paper.
– Lot 70: Charles Sheeler (American, 1883-1965) architectural work on paper.
– Lot 99: Andy Warhol (American, 1928-1987) tempera on paper.
– Lot 115: Vincent Van Gogh (Dutch, 1853-1890) oil on canvas scene.
– Lot 127: Paul Gauguin (French, 1848-1903) oil on canvas nude.
– Lot 151: Wassily Kandinsky (Russian, 1866-1944) oil on canvas.
– Lot 29: Qi Bashi (Chinese, 1864-1957) set of 12 watercolor scroll set (below).
Contact 888 Auctions by phone 905-763-7201 or by email at email@example.com.