LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Abell Auction Co., Los Angeles’ original and 101-year-old auction house, will host its next quarterly sale on Sunday, May 20, featuring a stunning array of modern art and furnishings, 20th- and 21st-century design, antiques and classic cars from prominent Southern California estates. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
The auction offers something for both serious collectors and emerging buyers. Live bidding begins at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.
– Pair of Chinese gilt bronze mounted jars.
– French Louis XV/XVI transitional green painted commode.
– Chinese hardwood what-not shelf, terracotta figure, and assorted porcelains and jades.
– Henry Moore King & Queen bronze.
– Francisco Zuniga Bronze of Woman Kneeling.
– Italian Neoclassical painted wood and marble top console.
– Jules Cavailles Fleurs a Fruit painting.
– Vasa nest of six hexagonal colored acrylic tables and column.
– Tom Wesselmann Lulu print.
The auction also will feature Abell’s largest collection of vehicles from private collectors ever offered at a single sale, ranging from the rare 1915 Ford Model T roadster to the coveted 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
– 1915 Ford Model T roadster
– 1926 Ford Model T touring car
– 1931 Austin American
– 1965 Chevrolet Corvette
– 1967 Chevrolet Malibu Sport Coupe
– 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS convertible (2)
– 1967 Chevrolet Camaro convertible
– 1967 Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck
– 1967 Chevrolet El Camino (2)
– 2010 Mercedes CL63 AMG
For details contact Abell Auction Co. at 323-724-8102.