LOS ANGELES – Celebrating its 104th year, Abell Auction Co. will hold an important jewelry sale on Sunday, June 14, beginning at 10 a.m. Pacific time/1 p.m. Eastern. Featuring exquisite gold, platinum and large diamond jewelry by iconic designers, the online-only auction will be headlined by a 3.10 fancy natural gray-blue diamond flanked by two fancy natural pink diamonds (above; est. $225,000-$275,000). All diamonds larger than 1.00 carat will be accompanied by a GIA diamond grading report. Bid absentee or live online through LiveAuctioneers.
“Abell is offering a fabulous collection of high-value diamond jewelry that promises to attract both new and seasoned connoisseurs of fine estate items,” said Abell CEO Don Schireson. “We have temporarily transitioned to an online-only platform due to the coronavirus pandemic and look forward to reopening the gallery when government guidelines allow. Our clients will continue to experience the high level of service, trust and integrity synonymous with the Abell name.”
Abell Auction Co. will represent the estate of Lois Erburu, a noted Southern California civic and arts patron, with an impressive collection of 20th century jewelry including signed pieces by Tiffany & Co., Seaman Schepps, Harry Winston, Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co., Silverhorn, Kern and other iconic brands. Erburu earned a bachelor’s degree in botany from the University of Southern California, where she met her late husband of 65 years Robert F. Erburu, who formerly served as chairman and CEO of the Times Mirror Corp. and board chairman of the American Newspapers Association of America. Devoting much of her time and effort to the arts, Erburu most recently helped establish a new five-room art gallery at the Huntington Library, Art Collection and Botanical Gardens in the Lois and Robert F. Erburu Wing of the Virginia Steele Scott Galleries of American Art. She served as a trustee for the Santa Barbara Museum of Art and also enjoyed supporting the Music Academy of the West.
Signed jewelry pieces at the June 14 auction, with estimates of $2,000 to $150,000, include:
– Cartier platinum, aquamarine, emerald, onyx and diamond Panthere bracelet.
– Bulgari 18K gold, diamond and turquoise Serpenti coil bracelet.
– Bulgari platinum and diamond eternity ring.
– Harry Winston platinum and diamond three-row bracelet.
– Van Cleef & Arpels 18K yellow gold and onyx Alhambra necklace.
– Roberto Coin Cento diamond and platinum engagement ring (5.10 carats, G/VS2).
– Pair of Roberto Coin platinum and diamond stud earrings (with each diamond stud weighing more than 5.00 carats, E/SI2).
– Roberto Coin Cento 18K and diamond necklace (21.02 total carats of diamonds).
– David Yurman 14K three-row cable necklace.
– Chantecler Capri 18K white gold, diamond, red and pink coral ‘Cherie’ tassel necklace.
Other jewelry highlights, with estimates of $15,000 to $125,000 include:
– 18K white gold and diamond ring, 10.01 carats, J/SI2 (below).
– Platinum and diamond ring (10.02 carats, I/VS1).
– 18K gold, platinum and fancy natural yellow diamond ring (10.09 carats, VVS2).
– 18K white gold and fancy intense yellow natural diamond ring (3.04 carats/SI1.
– Platinum and diamond tennis bracelet (26.15 total carats of diamonds).
– Platinum and diamond graduated Riviere necklace (45 total carats of diamonds).
– Platinum and diamond ring (5.55 carats, I/VS1/XXX).
– Platinum and diamond retro style ring (3.03 carats, G/VS1).
– Platinum and diamond ring (4.01 carats, F/SI1).
– Platinum and diamond cluster necklace (21.30 total carats of diamonds).
– 18K white gold and diamond pendant necklace (3.05 carats, H/VS2/XXX).Noteworthy timepieces, with estimates of $2,000 to $50,000, include:
– Piaget 18K white gold and diamond wristwatch (14.77 total carats of diamonds).
– Chopard 18K white gold and diamond ‘Happy Diamonds’ watch, 14.83 total carats of diamonds (below).
– Patek Philippe 18K white gold and diamond ‘Twenty-4’ wristwatch.
– Patek Philippe 18K white gold and diamond ‘Gondolo Serata’ wristwatch.
– Degrisogono 18K gold, diamond, ruby and sapphire wristwatch.
– Rolex 18K white gold and diamond wristwatch.
– Rolex Oyster Perpetual day-date platinum wristwatch.
– Rolex 18 karat yellow gold day-date wristwatch.
For more information, contact Abell Auction Co. at 800-404-2235.
View top auction results on LiveAuctioneers here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/pages/recent-auction-sales/