NEW YORK – Arte Antico LLC will present an ancient and ethnographic auction on Saturday, June 29, starting at 3 p.m. Eastern time. The 226-lot auction consists of a broad range of ancient objects, ethnographic pieces and folk art. Bid absentee or live online through LiveAuctioneers.
Highlights include the following:
– A yellow gold Egyptian eye of Horus pendant from a private Brooklyn, N.Y., collection (above).
– A Pre-Columbian Moche, Peru, frog vessel.
– A nearly 5-inch-high Roman glass vessel from a private Brooklyn, N.Y., collection.
– An early 20th century antelope mask with brown ribbed horns, small ears and an expressive face, remains of kaolin.
– An early 20th century thangka from a private collection in Connecticut.
The auction offers a broad range of items for all types of collectors, from the novice collector up to the established collectors. Many lots have low opening bids and low reserves.