NEW YORK – Capsule Gallery presents American Art, a 126-lot auction of paintings, sculpture, drawings, photos and prints, which will be sold Tuesday, Feb. 12. The sale features highlights from the Carrington Collection of Fine Art, deaccessions from the collection of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, paintings from a fourth generation art gallery collection and works from the collection of Lillian and Arthur Weiss of Little Deer Isle, Maine. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
– Two paintings by Edward Willis Redfield from a private collector by descent from her mother’s family, who lived near Redfield’s studio in Pennsylvania and purchased from the artist. Both works will be included in the upcoming catalogue raisonné by Dr. Tom Folk.
– A masterpiece by Manoucher Yektai (below) from the Carrington Collection of Fine Art, Positano Landscape #3 is a highlight of the artist’s 1959 exhibition at Poindexter Gallery, an expressive abstraction of the Italian countryside. “From his work in Positano … he has uncovered a vein of Lyrical Expressionism … bringing Soutine up to date” (Arts Magazine, 1959).
– Four paintings by Robert Natkin from the Carrington Collection of Fine Art and The Weiss Collection.
– An impressive group of original works in various media by Leroy Neiman from two collections including the estate of New York Times sports columnist Frank Litsky.
– Two original paintings by Maine artist Neil Welliver from the Weiss Collection.
The auction will be Tuesday, Feb. 12, beginning at 12:30 p.m. Eastern time.
For details contact Capsule Gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-353-2277.