NEW YORK, NY – Capsule Gallery Auction presents Art + Design, a curated sale of 20th-century paintings, sculptures, design and other art on Thursday, Nov. 8, at 12:30 p.m. Eastern time. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
Five reasons to check out Art + Design at Capsule Gallery Auction:
– Five serene cloud paintings from New Zealand artist Brent Wong, (collection of Guillermo Rodriguez-Grau)
– Four Abstract Expressionist works by Herman Cherry (a Scarsdale, New York Estate).
– Three luminous canvases by Robert Natkin (a separate Scarsdale collection).
– Two moody interiors with cats by Jack Beal (collection of Caroline and Wesley Halpert).
– One early and intense work by Keltie Ferris (a private Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey collection).
In addition to these original works, Capsule is also featuring multiples and limited editions, including tapestries after Alexander Calder, op-art by Jesús Rafael Soto, Miniature Serena II (top image) from an edition of 10 by Carole A. Feuerman and a bronze sculpture by Pietro Consagra (below).
And for the first time Capsule is also offering a selection of 20th-century design. Highlights include a set of lounges by Ib Kofod Larsen, a Zodiac coffee table by Philip and Kelvin LaVerne, a Dunbar library table by Edward Wormley and an Eros for Skipper marble dining table by Angelo Mangiarotti.
For details contact the Capsule Gallery: email@example.com or at 212-353-2277.