LiveAuctioneers will provide Internet live bidding. Bidding will also be available in person and by phone.
Highlights include white jade, ivory, cinnabar, a Wen Zhengming watercolor and Chinese Qing bronzes.
“After the success of our Asian Antiques and Fine Art Sale in March, we look forward to some very competitive bidding throughout the sale. Our auctions pull a large international audience, and at any time we can have bidders from over 35 different countries in addition to our loyal local following,” said Scott Shuford, president of Dallas Auction Gallery.
Previews will begin Monday, Oct. 4, and DAG is open to the public.
Some highlights include:
- White jade pendant signed Zigang, carved to depict Li Bai on a boat, having a poem on the verso. Estimate: $18,000-$24,000.
- Pair of monumental early Meiji ivory inlaid pagodas. The top pavilion supported by four tiers with ivory and mother of pearl red lacquered plaques depicting Han warriors, generals, geisha and samurai, with painted beauties on the verso. Each tier has glass sides and mirrored backs, phoenix and flame finials, and painted scenes depicting lotus, dragons and boys. Both pagodas raised on legendary bird supports. Estimate: $30,000- $50,000.
- Wen Zhenming watercolor on silk depicting figures in a landscape. Signed, ‘Wen Zhengming.’ Wen Zhenming (Chinese, 1470-1559) with six illegible collector’s seals. Estimate: $30,000- $50,000.
- Chinese Qing gilt bronze shakyamuni Buddha seated on a throne, hands in Buddhist mudra. Estimate: $20,000- $40,000.
- Pair of Chinese jade and ivory inlaid rosewood screens the front with carved white and spinach green jade depicting birds, flowers, Buddha’s hands, guava and bats; the verso with an ivory Qianlong Imperial poem and two seals. The screen raised on an intricately carved rosewood stand. Estimate: $30,000- $50,000.
- Chinese Qing cloisonné Tianqin vase depicting peony and butterflies, having collectors marks on the bottom. Estimate: $15,000- $25,000.
For details visit www.dallasauctiongallery.com or call 214-653-3900.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE