RICHMOND HILL, Ontario – 888 Auctions will hold its Chinese jade and Asian works of art sale on Thursday, Nov. 7, at 2 p.m. Eastern, featuring fine jade boulders, jadeite bangles pendants, paintings, porcelains, jewelry, precious stones, metalware and natural history. LiveAuctioneers.com will provide Internet live bidding for the 533-lot auction.
“Our auction sales in jadeite and jade continue to stand very strong through the year. An extraordinary sales record achieved in Lot 180 from our October auction, an exquisite white jade boulder with identification certificate and sold for $240,000 (Canadian),” said Donnie Kim of 888 Auctions.
In this auction, 888 will continue to present buyers with premium jade items such as lot 202A, a fine Chinese white jade carved Kwanyin statue of even white tone, close to perfect quality, carved in a serene expression Kwanyin in flowing robes with high luster polish on custom wood stand carved as a lotus plinth. It has a high estimate of $4,500. Also in the spotlight is lot 246, a rare spinach green jade carved square dragon seal of spinach green tone. The body is pierced with an aperture, the seal is carved with Chinese scripts in low relief, and the base is deeply and crisply carved with four archaic characters. It has a high estimate of $3,000.
Other quality jade pieces with excellent carvings can be found at:
– Lot 199: Chinese white jade carved recumbent horse, estimate: $600-$1,200;
– Lot 203: fine Chinese white jade boulder carved dragon, estimate at $4,000-$8,000;
– Lot 214: 17th/18th century Chinese white jade carved hair holder, estimated at $1,000-$2,000;
– Lot 234: Chinese Hetian white jade tear drop pendant, estimated at $600-$1,200;
– Lot 252: Chinese green jade dragon vase with lid Qianlong mark, estimated at $2,000-$3,000.
In addition, collectors will find premium bangles comparable to lot 175 from 888 Auctions’ August auction, an important emerald green jadeite bangle that was hammered at $55,000. The finest pieces in the November auction are lot 175, a Chinese emerald green jadeite bangle having great translucency (high estimate $8,000), and lot 193, a Chinese icy clear and deep green jadeite bangle with high translucency and clarity with spots of deep green tone (high estimate of $4,000). Also noteworthy is lot 177, an important Chinese emerald green jadeite bangle of even emerald green tone and a rounded edge with fine polished finish, which carries a high estimate of $8,000.
Additional quality pieces of jadeite can be found at:
– Lot 125: Chinese fine emerald green jadeite lotus leaf, estimated at $2,000-$3,000;
– Lot 128: fine Chinese emerald green jadeite leaf pendant, estimated at $1,000-$2,000;
– Lot 133: fine icy emerald green jadeite dragon pendant, estimate at $600-$1,200;
– Lot 135: Chinese icy emerald green jadeite ruyi pendant, estimated at $1,000-$2,000;
– Lot 137: Chinese icy emerald green bat jadeite pendant, provenance: T. Ng Collection Toronto, estimated at $600-$1,600;
– Lot 142: icy emerald green jadeite pendant with clear stones, estimated at $800-$1,600;
– Lot 144: fine emerald green jadeite pendant with clear stones, estimated at $800-$1,600;
– Lot 150: Chinese icy jadeite double dragon pendant, estimated at $800-$1,600;
– Lot 309: icy emerald green jadeite pendant with clear stones, estimated at $1,000-$2,000.
A standout in the painting section is lot 72, a Chinese long 100 birds silk painting by Shen Quan, painted 100 birds and phoenix, long scroll on silk, signed Shen Quan with red seals, which has a high estimate of $25,000. Lot 390, a Chinese Famille Rose gilt plate Guangxu Period, carries a high estimate of $5,000. From the bronze section, lot 459, a Chinese gold splash bronze censer of squatted hu shape, flanked with pair of foo dog heads and decorated with splashes of gold, bottom marked four characters Ming Xuande mark, has a high estimate of $5,000. Lot 495, a Chinese carved horn libation cup from the T. Ng Collection, Toronto, estimated a $4,000, is expected to do well.
For details please visit www.888auctions.com or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201.
Quality consignments are still being accepted for 888 Auctions’ Dec 5 sale. To consign an item, an estate or a collection, call the number above or email email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE