DALLAS – An Hermès Himalayan Birkin is expected to earn top-lot honors in Heritage Auctions’ Autumn Luxury Accessories Auction Sept. 22 in Beverly Hills, California. The Hermès 30cm Himalayan niloticus crocodile Birkin bag (above) with palladium hardware (estimate: $80,000-$100,000) is a true collector’s piece, designed to resemble the beautiful snow-capped Himalaya mountains. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
“Himalayans are extremely rare, and are the pinnacle of any Hermès collection, only offered to VIP clients,” Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Director Diane D’Amato said. “Getting the skin that color entails an arduous dye process and is very hard to achieve, which is part of the reason why these bags represent the highest level of Hermès craftsmanship.”
An Hermès 28cm Himalayan Niloticus crocodile plume bag with palladium hardware (estimate: $45,000-$65,000) boasts the same striking coloring.
The auction includes a selection of exquisite handbags done in various shades of purple, a rich jewel-tone enjoying a surge of popularity heading into the fall. Among the choices are several options from Hermès in its classic Birkin and Kelly styles:
– Hermès 35cm matte amethyst Niloticus crocodile Birkin bag with palladium hardware (below; estimate: $30,000-$40,000).
– Hermès 25cm violet Niloticus lizard Birkin bag with palladium hardware (estimate: $20,000-$24,000)
– Hermès crocus alligator Kelly pochette bag with gold hardware (estimate: $22,000-$28,000).
One style that adds a casual, fun element to any collection is denim, which can be found in this auction, including:
– Hermès limited edition 35cm black Evercalf leather and denim shadow Birkin bag with palladium hardware (estimate: $12,000-$16,000).
– Hermès 40cm Fauve Barenia leather and denim HAC bag with palladium hardware (estimate: $8,000-$10,000).
Other top lots include, but are not limited to:
– Hermès 35cm Bougainvillea Porosus crocodile Birkin bag with gold hardware (estimate: $40,000-$50,000).
– Hermès 35cm Shiny Black Porosus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Gold Hardware (estimate: $35,000-$45,000).
– Hermès 30cm Havane porosus crocodile Birkin bag with palladium hardware (estimate: $30,000-$45,000).