CHARLESTON, S.C. – Charleston Estate Auctions will present a live online auction to be held on Sept. 23 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time. The auction offers original fine art, exceptional sterling silver, fine and vintage jewelry, antique furniture, vintage rugs, Asian antiques and home décor. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
The auction is highlighted by a 4.00-carat diamond and platinum ring(above), a 20-carat emerald ring, two 1890s Jules Cheret posters, a mid-century Madoura vase lamp, a portrait of Gayfryd Steinberg by Robert Bruce Williams, and a large collection of Ralph Lauren crystal.
The following are some of the auction’s highlights:
– Art Deco platinum three-stone diamond ring, which was purchased at Tiffany & Co. in the mid 1930s and features three Old European cut diamonds set in elaborate filigree style heads.
– An original Jules Cheret (French,1836-1932) “Pastilles Poncelet” 1896 poster, La Belle Epoque advertising, published as a supplement to the Courrier Français. The girl in the red dress and hat is doing her best to fend off the elements in this poster for cough tablets.
– Original oil painting on canvas of New York socialite Gayfryd Steinberg by portrait artist Robert Bruce Williams and signed en verso by the artist.
– Mid-century Madoura vase by Suzanne Ramie (1905-1974), mounted as a lamp. The vase is incised on the bottom with the artist’s “Madoura plain Feu” mark.
– Vintage room-size Mashad carpet, which has some age appropriate wear to edges. Mashad carpets are easy to recognize with their famous medallions surrounded by floral motifs. High-quality wool is used, which makes for a hardwearing carpet.
More than 40 lots of sterling silver flatware will also be sold.