RICHMOND HILL, Ontario – More than 450 fresh-to-market items will be available to the highest bidder in 888 Auctions’ winter auction featuring the finest in fine art, jewelry and Chinese paintings. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
Lot 212, a silkscreen lithograph framed and signed Banksy (below) is the star lot of the auction. Featuring a playful lithograph of a SWAT member with a happy face and signed Banksy on the lower right corner, lot 212 is expected to far exceed its high estimate of $4,500.
Fine art continues to be featured heavily at 888 Auctions and the inclusion of several key lots will be lighting up the gallery showroom on auction day. They can be found in the following lots:
– Lot 78: Winston Churchill (British, 1874-1965) watercolor (high estimate: $8,000).
– Lot 101: Kazimir Malevich (Russian, 1879-1935) gouache on paper (high estimate: $5,000).
– Lot 121: Man Ray (American, 1890-1976) acrylic on paper (high estimate: $6,000).
– Lot 136: Albert Marquet (French, 1875-1947) oil on canvas (high estimate: $5,000).
– Lot 159: Rafael Cuarteilles (Spanish, b. 1932) oil on canvas (high estimate: $1,500).
– Lot 187: American Abstract Minimalist oil on canvas, signed Sol LeWitt (high estimate: $4,000).
– Lot 189: Moris Katz (Polish-American, 1932-2010) oil on board (high estimate: $1,000).
High-quality jade carved pieces continue to be a staple at 888 Auctions. Two lots are currently garnering significant interest. Lot 257 is a Chinese spinach-green jade seal, possibly 18th century. It is surmounted by an archaistic eagle carved in relief with the bottom carved with a period design. The jade seal carries a high estimate of $2,000.
A silver necklace set with oval cut green jade cabochons is noteworthy. Lot 298 is stamped 925 silver and hails from an estate in Eastern Canada. The necklace carries a high estimate of $800.
Chinese antiques are a mainstay at 888 Auctions and this auction is no exception. Two lots, a tongbao coin and a porcelain vase, are highlighted. Lot 334 is a Wang Mang Xin Dynasty (A.D. 7-23) Huobu Hartill 9.30 (high estimate: $400). Lot 420 is a 19th-century Chinese Mille Fleurs porcelain vase with a Yongzheng mark (high estimate: $2,000).
For details contact 888 Auctions at 905-763-7201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The auction will begin Thursday, Nov. 22, at 2 p.m. Eastern time.