Highlighting the sale is a large painted Cizhou jar, Yuan dynasty, which was heavily potted and freely painted with three large medallions enclosing figures and lotus blossoms in dark iron-brown on a cream ground.
Additional highlights include:
- Lot 026: Chinese fine jade brushwasher with three boys, Qing Dynasty, carved with three children playing with ruyis knot of ribbon and instrument, 10.5 centimeters high.
- Lot 209: pair of Chinese carved bamboo incense cylinder, carved with continuous landscape of figures conversing and playing games beneath a large openwork pine tree. 25 centimeters high by 8.2 centimeters diameter.
- Lot 231: Chinese bronze curved shaped boar decoration, Western Zhou period, 10.6 centimeters wide.
- Lot 247: Chinese bronze dagger ax, Spring and Autumn period, 21.5 centimeters wide.
- Lot 248: Chinese bronze wine vessel, Zhi, Late Shang period,12cm high by 9.1 centimeters wide.
The auction will begin Saturday, Nov. 10, at 5:30 p.m., PST (Sunday, Nov. 11, 9:30 a.m. Hong Kong time).
For details regarding lots, bidding or any assistance, contact Joyce Gallery Auctions via phone +852 2517 0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet live bidding will be provided by LiveAuctioneers.com.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE