LiveAuctioneers.com will provide Internet live bidding.
– Kim Novak: the actress’s 1989 Academy Awards gown. Novak and Jimmy Stewart were reunited as presenters (they co-starred in Vertigo and Bell Book and Candle in 1958).
– Transformers: one of the massive full-size bumblebee heads used in the film.
– E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial: miniature bike wheels from the most iconic image in sci-fi history, the flying of the boys on their bikes across the moon over the forest at the end of the film.
– Citizen Kane: shipping crate, a rare prop that was used in the Kane’s warehouse scene with “Charles Foster Kane – Xanadu Florida” stenciled on it.
– The Nightmare Before Christmas: Jack’s sled, which was used when Santa Jack is shot down out of the sky by artillery shells. It includes the “horror gifts” storage trash can caboose that was lashed to the back of the sled.
– Planet of the Apes: Female monkey tunic from the original classic (1968), worn by one of the rare female characters.
– Star Wars: light sabre effect filters from the personal collection of special effects wizard Kim Knowlton; these are the actual green Kodak Wratten filters Knowlton used to create the three layered famous effects to create the light sabre.
– Battlestar Galactica: viper helmet from the original 1978 hit television series, a hero screen- used helmet with the infamous light border around the faceplate which still lights up.
– The Godfather: the horse head rehearsal prop that Don Corleone (Marlon Brando) uses to force studio head Jack Woltz (John Marley) to put his friend, singer Johnny Fontane (Al Martino) in his next movie.
“With the holidays almost upon us, this auction offers up movie and television fans a chance to treat themselves to an early holiday present,” said Dan Levin, vice president of Premiere Props. “Memorabilia makes a terrific gift, as it is something that will be treasured for years to come.”
For more information call 310-322-PROP / (888) 761-PROP.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE