Among the many exciting pieces included in the auction are:
* A hat worn by Michael Jackson during his “Bad” tour
* John Lennon’s early 1960s Fender guitar
* A Pucci dress worn by Marilyn Monroe
* Clint Eastwood’s signed prop gun from “Kelly’s Heroes”
* Elvis Presley’s guitar, amp and lead
* A huge range of autographs from stars and iconic figures such as David Bowie, Madonna, Woody Allen, Angelina Jolie and Princess Diana.
“We are so happy to be offering the live online bidding for this auction to our global audience. Many of the lots listed are unique and highly collectible,” said Lucy Warren-Meeks, UK marketing director for LiveAuctioneers. “From Jimi Hendrix’s jacket to John Lennon’s guitar, these items are important pieces of pop culture that deserve to be treasured.”
Other auction highlights include costumes worn by Britney Spears, Cher, Prince, Tom Hanks (signed “Forrest Gump” jacket) and many other iconic stars. Additionally, there are gold and platinum Beatles records; and a very special inclusion: Henry McCullough’s 1968 Gibson Gold Top Les Paul guitar.
McCullough is regarded as one of the greatest guitarists of the last half-century and has played with many premier rock artists, including Paul McCartney, Jimi Hendrix and The Who. Henry even appeared at Woodstock, with his trusty Les Paul, to accompany Joe Cocker on the classic “With a Little Help From My Friends.” Sadly, in 2012 Henry suffered a heart attack that left him disabled and unable to play guitar. He is selling his treasured Les Paul to help fund a new home that is outfitted for his special needs. The estimate on Henry McCullough’s historic guitar is £100,000-£150,000 ($160,000-$240,000).
# # #
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE