SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Turner Auctions + Appraisals will present more pieces of fine and costume jewelry from the collections of Felicia Michalski and Anita Hellman on Sunday, July 1. Featuring over 210 lots acquired over five decades, the sale offers fine jewelry for ladies, including rings, necklaces, bracelets and brooches. Most are crafted of gold, silver or platinum, with precious stones and embellishments such as diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, amethyst, opal, jade, amber, turquoise, coral, cultured and seed pearls, pink tourmaline, enamel and citrine. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
Among the selection of Native American jewelry, some old pawn, are squash blossom and heishi necklaces, cuff bracelets, rings, bolo ties, belt buckles, brooches and earrings. Mexican jewelry of silver and copper includes bracelets, earrings and necklaces. Also featured are many groupings of fine and costume jewelry – antique, vintage and retro – including necklaces, bracelets, cameos, brooches, gem-set and gold rings, pins and brooches, pocket watches and wrist watches, shoe and belt buckles, and gentlemen’s accessories.
Turner Auctions + Appraisals begins its online auction on Sunday, July 1, 2018, at 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time, 1:30 p.m. Eastern.
The following are some auction highlights:
– Lot 66: diamond and 14K gold stylized floral ring, designed with seven round brilliant-cut diamonds weighing in total approximately 1.60 carats; size: 6 1/2. Estimate: $1,000-$1,500.
– Lot 156: Navajo turquoise and coral cuff bracelet, approximate total weight: 88 grams. Estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 25: eight gem-set, 14K gold charm necklace. Suspended from gold-filled necklace; set with rubies and single-cut diamonds; estimated diamond weight: 0.30 carats, gross weight of gold approximately 78 grams. Estimate: $1,600-$2,200.
– Lot 5: a collection of gem-set and gold jewelry including a 22K gold monogram ring (shank cut), a pair of 18K gold earrings, and a garnet, turquoise and 18K gold pendant; gross weight approx. 36.8 grams. Ring size: 9 3/4; length of pendant: 1 3/4 inches. Estimate: $500-700.
– Lot 52: diamond and gem-set, 18K gold butterfly brooch, further set with ruby, sapphire and emeralds; old European, round brilliant and trapezoid-cut diamonds weighing in total an estimated: 0.95 carots; weighing 9.3 grams; measuring 1 1/8 x 1 7/8 inches. Estimate: $650-$850.
– Lot 78: E. Howard Watch Co. 14K gold hunting cased pocket watch, Series VII, size 16, 17 jewels, split plate, case #269079, movement #229469; diameter: 52mm. Estimate: $800-$1,200.
– Lot 89: Trifari Alfred Philippe jewelry suite, circa 1940s. Vermeil over silver; aquamarine crystal necklace, bracelet and clip earring parure. Advertised in Harper’s Bazaar, February 1946 issue. Estimate: $150-$250.
– Lot 152: Southwest coral and hardstone silver squash blossom necklace with butterfly motif, maker’s mark JP. Size: 17 inches in length, largest decorative butterfly 3 x 2 inches. Approximate weight: 225 grams. Estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 39: pair of ruby and 14K gold earrings. Weighing approximately: 9.9 grams; 1 ½ inches long. Estimate: $200-300.
For more information about the auction, contact: Stephen Turner, president of Turner Auctions + Appraisals, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-964-5250.