RICHMOND HILL, Ontario – Fresh-to-market items will be available to the highest bidder Thursday, Oct. 11, at 888 Auctions. With modern art, postwar contemporary paintings and Asian antiques dotting the sale, there will be incredible interest in the 491 lots. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
Lot 216 features an original and charming oil on canvas landscape scene, signed by Nicolas Rubio (Spanish, b. 1928) on the lower left corner. This piece (above) is expected to reach its high estimate of $3,000.
The star piece of the auction features an oil on canvas featuring two figures dancing and attributed to Fernando Botero (Columbian, b. 1932) at lot 190. This work is expected to exceed its high estimate of $4,000.
Another standout piece can be seen at Lot 81, featuring a gouache on paper featuring a portrait of a woman. Signed and attributed to Gustav Klimt (Austrian, 1862-1918) on the lower right corner, this lot features a high estimate of $6,000.
Two Asian art pieces are also featured in the catalog and can be found at the following lots:
– Lot 196: Jung Euh-Suh (Korean) oil on canvas dated 1989 (high estimate: $1,200).
– Lot 24: Zhang Daqian (Chinese, 1899-1983) watercolor on paper scroll (high estimate: $9,000).
Modern paintings abound in this autumn auction catalog and collectors will be delighted to find the inclusion of several quality lots:
– Lot 91: Raoul Dufy (French, 1877-1953) gouache on paper (high estimate: $7,000).
– Lot 131: Rene Magritte (Belgian, 1898-1967) Surrealist Man (high estimate: $9,000).
– Lot 152: Theo Van Doesburg (Dutch, 1883-1931) oil on canvas (high estimate: $5,000).
– Lot 169: Marc Chagall (Russian-French, 1887-1985) oil on board (high estimate: $6,000).
– Lot 199: Tamara De Lempicka (Polish, 1898-1980) oil on paper (high estimate: $6,000).
– Lot 227: Winston Churchill (British, 1874-1965) Windsor Castle, oil on canvas (high estimate: $10,500).
– Lot 158: Eugene Galien-Laloue (French, 1854-1941) oil on board (high estimate: $5,000).
For details contact 888 Auctions at email@example.com or 905-763-7201.