Morphy Auctions to sell Colt firearms in Las Vegas, Sept. 20
DENVER, Pa. – Morphy Auctions will present one of the country’s finest collections of antique Colt firearms on Sept. 20 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The auction will feature the highly prized collection of renowned Colt firearms connoisseur Dr. Edward Feldman, which ranges from Paterson to Model 1911. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
Selections offered, beginning with a fine cased Number II Belt-Model Paterson, and ending with various engraved Colt automatic pistols, will provide antique firearms enthusiasts the opportunity to expand their collections and see firsthand the rarity of Feldman’s collection. Nearly 100 lots will be offered without reserve.
Auction highlights include:
– Factory engraved ebony gripped double cased pair of Colt Model 1862 Police revolvers.
– Factory engraved presentation 1860 Army Colt inscribed “To Maj. Gen. W.S. Rosecrans.”
– Cased factory engraved .44 1860 Army Colt with ebony grips.
– Cased J.H. Bodwell engraved factory presentation 1862 Police Colt.
– Factory engraved Colt Lightning revolver, serial no. 97530.
– Factory engraved 1886 blue and case colored Colt Lightning.
Among the collection of Colts offered at Morphy’s Sept. 20 auction will be a group of Colt 1862 Police models, many of which are deluxe factory engraved revolvers presented by the Colt factory and Col. Samuel Colt.
“The Feldman collection represents a decades-long pursuit of the very finest collectible Colt firearms to ever exist,” said Dan Morphy, president of Morphy Auctions.
The auction will begin Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time/1 p.m. Eastern.