Nazmiyal Collection to hold auction of fine carpets May 22
LiveAuctioneers.com will facilitate Internet lived bidding.
“This auction represents a rare opportunity for dealers, customers and interior designers to acquire extraordinary antique rugs at unprecedentedly low prices,” said owner Jason Nazmiyal.
The Nazmiyal Collection encourages interested parties to be in contact with the gallery in order to place absentee bids or phone bids, to obtain condition reports, to arrange a private viewing, or to request any other information that they may require.
One of the top items in the auction is an antique Judiaca silk Kashan Persian rug. This exceptionally rare silk rug is an outstanding example of Judaic carpet weaving traditions in Persia. This piece, 4 feet 4 inches x 6 feet 9 inches, features an impressive number of people and animals placed in a natural setting based on Biblical locations and events. It carries a $50,000-$70,000 estimate.
Additional highlights include:
- Decorative Turkish Oushak carpet, 9 feet x 12 feet, early 20th century;
- Geometric Persian Heriz Serapi carpet, 9 feet 5 inches x 12 feet 3 inches, circa 1910
- Moroccan rug primitive Beni Urain Berber carpet, 4 feet 3 inches x 6 feet 7 inches, mid-20th century;
- Mughal Dynasty Indian rug, 4 feet 7 inches x 6 feet 6 inches, 17th century;
- Uzbekistan Suzani embroidery Uzbek textile, 3 feet 8 inches x 5 feet, circa 1880.
The collection will be available for viewing at Nazmiyal’s Midtown Manhattan gallery, located on the second floor at 31 E. 32nd St., on May 20 through May 22 at the following times: Tuesday, May 20, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Wednesday, May 21, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Thursday, May 22, 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
For details contact Omri Schwartz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 212-545-8029.
View the fully illustrated catalog and register to bid absentee or live via the Internet as the sale is taking place by logging on to www.LiveAuctioneers.com.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE