No reserves placed on Arte Antico antiquities auction March 17
NEW YORK – Arte Antico LLC will present an Ancient and Ethnographic Auction on Sunday, March 17, starting at 3 p.m. Eastern time. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
The 215-lot auction presents a broad range of items for all types of collectors, from the novice up to established collectors.
Arte Antico LLC is offerings a broad range of antiquities and ethnographic objects, such as:
– Kashkul, dervish bowl (above), oval form, circa 18th century, 10 inches long by 5½ inches long (est. $1,200-$1,500).
– Pre-Columbian Veracruz shaman head fragment (below) decorated with a large decorated headdress, circular earrings, three-strand necklace and remains of bitumen at its eyes and mouth, 12¼ inches by 11 inches by 6½ inches (est. $1,600-$2,000).
– Himalayan bronze Buddha statue, circa 19th century, 11 inches high by 8¼ inches by 8¼ (est. $3,000-$4,000).
– Carnelian beaded necklace with Roman gold beads and gold pendant with carnelian center, 27 inches long (est. $2,400-$2,800).
– Roman bronze mirror, circa A.D. 100-500, with suspension loop on reverse held in place with two applied bronze figures, 4¾ inches diameter (est. $3,000-$4,000).
The auctioneers note that many lots are offered with estimates at or below cost.
None of the lots has a reserve.