Old Masters to modern art featured at Black Rock Galleries March 3
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – Black Rock Galleries will offer their Exceptional Winter 2019 Auction on Sunday, March 3, beginning at 1 p.m. Eastern time. More than 350 outstanding quality lots including jewelry, antiques, mid-century modern pieces, silver, china, and an extensive collection of fine art are available to the highest bidders. Bid absentee or live online through LiveAuctioneers.
Black Rock Galleries is offering some rare and spectacular pieces from Old Masters to new; contemporary abstracts to 18th-century portraits. This collection is perfect for the art collector, connoisseur, and high-end decorator.
Here is a sampling of the auction highlights:
– Lot 242: Charles M. Russell (American, 1864-1926), watercolor titled Encounter on the Plains (above).
– Lot 77: pair of antique lidded porcelain vases with gilt bronze mounts (KPM attributed).
– Lot 13: Patek Philippe watch (below), 150th Anniversary, Reference 3960 with original receipt & other paperwork.
– Lot 57: Asprey sterling silver flatware service for 12 plus serving pieces (total of 129 pieces).
– Lot 46: Asprey rock crystal elephant 18K tusks and feet with genuine diamond eyes.
– Lot 97: pair of Chinese Daoguang painted porcelain jardinieres.
– Lot 165: rare and outstanding Harvey Probber games table and scissor chairs.
– Lot 75: magnificent 19th-century Meissen pate-sir-pate porcelain mantel clock.
– Lot 171: rare Alfredo Barbini (Italian, 1912-2007), green Murano glass vase, circa 1950.
– Lot 245: Margaret Keane (American, b.1927), Portrait of a Girl with a Vase of Flowers.
– Lot 248: Attributed to Giovanni Agostino Cassana (1658-1720), 17th-century old master oil on canvas, chickens in a landscape.
– Lot 243: Arthur Szyk (Polish-Jewish-American, 1894-1951), Pax Teutonica, signed ink and watercolor on paper.
For more information contact Black Rock Galleries at 203-335-0000.