SYDNEY – Ravenswick will sell the Zonnevijille Collection in Saturday, Dec. 15, beginning at 5 p.m. Pacific (Sunday, Dec. 16, at noon local time). LiveAuctioneers.com will provide Internet live bidding.
Ann Zonevijille dedicated her life from the age of 11 to collecting beautiful objects from all over the world. But she especially loved all things Chinese.
“This is regarded by many Chinese collectors as a lucky collection and we are honored to be intrusted with its safe keeping,” says Ravenswick principal Alex Renwick.
The sale will consist of more than 325 lots including:
- An excellent group of 50 Qing and later black and white jade, Peking glass and porcelain snuff bottles;
- Major jade, incuding Qing figure group, libation cup, three-color boulder, plaques, and jewelry;
- Good Qing and Republic ivory figures, including three rare Qing Dynasty ivory vase and flowers, a pair of Kylins, and a Qing figure of a dog;
- Chinese porcelain, Qing vases, Republic vase, erotic figures, water dropper and shallow dishes;
- African ivories, Chinese paintings, malachite figure of a horse, and some Chinese paintings;
- Chinese coral figures, bronze and white metal sensors and figures, bamboo figures and brush pots;
- Qing, Republic and later Chinese furniture, including a pair of Qing Dynasty side cabinets, scholar’s table, chest of drawers, a pair and single side tables.
- Remarkable Japanese silk textiles, cased sterling silver scale model of the Taj Mahal, arm chairs and rugs.
The Christine A. Anthony Collection includes a John Clinch FRBS bronze, early scrimshaw, possibly a Republic Famille Rose porcelain vase, a circa 1850 Louis XVI-Style ormolu clock, European School paintings, a selection of Bukka woven baskets (The Buin of South Bougainville), and a good collection of North American silver turquoise and coral cuffs.
Contact Alex Renwick 0411 308 888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet live bidding will be available through LiveAuctioneers.com.
ADDITIONAL LOTS OF NOTE