SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Turner Auctions + Appraisals will present Treasures from a Couture Closet on Sunday, May 19, at 10:30 a.m. Pacific time. Offering a selection of high-fashion goods from several collectors and estates, the sale features 135 lots, many from the world’s most celebrated designers. Highlights include coveted items from Chanel, Louis Vuitton luggage and accessories, a rare Gianni Versace four-row Medusa necklace, a selection of Hermes scarves and a gold Rolls-Royce keychain. Bid absentee or live online through LiveAuctioneers.
From Chanel are vintage bags and other leather goods, a women’s wool and silk suit, shoes, earrings and sunglasses. The sale’s numerous jewelry items include necklaces, earrings, bracelets, brooches, pendants, rings, watches and stick pins. Many are of gold, white gold or sterling silver, set with precious or semi-precious stones such as diamonds, rubies, turquoise, coral, jade, cultured pearls, lapis lazuli or amber. Designers include Gucci, Christian Dior, Tiffany and Elsa Peretti. There are also many groupings – of vintage and costume jewelry, cameos, designer belts, beaded purses and more.
A distinctive selection of bags, evening purses and wallets comes from Prada, Gucci, Valentino, Fendi, Badgley Mischka, Judith Leiber, Céline, Chloé and Ralph Lauren. Ferragamo and Ralph Lauren shoes are also offered. While primarily for women, the sale includes items for men as well, including cufflinks, watches, pocket watches and a watch fob. Completing the sale are canvas and nylon salesman’s carrying cases for jewelry.
The following are some highlights of the upcoming sale:
– Lot 13: Rare Gianni Versace gold-tone Medusa four-row necklace (above), circa 1990s; adjustable length: 15½–19 inches; excellent condition. Estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 4: Chanel Paris vintage leather double C flap bag, black, circa 1970s, measuring 10 7/8 by 9½ by 3 inches. (Normal wear, with an impression of strap on reverse). Estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 32: Turquoise, diamond and 14K gold ring. Oval turquoise measuring approximately 19.7 x 14.9mm; set with 12 single-cut diamonds totaling approximately 0.25 carats.; weighing approximately 20.5 grams; size: 6½. Estimate: $500-$700.
– Lot 76: Valentino black leather Rockstud clutch bag. Interior with three compartments and zip pocket; 11 by 6¾ inches; very good condition. Estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 89: Hermes “Etriers” silk scarf, boxed. New condition. Estimate: $100-$200.
– Lot 106: Louis Vuitton monogram accessories. Two portfolio/luggage inserts, with Louis Vuitton dust bags, 15 by 11¼ inches; together with a travel jewelry case, 7 by 4 inches; all very good condition. Estimate: $250-$450.
– Lot 8: Chanel vintage clip-on earrings with box. Diameter: 1 3/8 inches. Estimate: $100-$200.
– Lot 96: Chanel black leather loafers. Size 9B, with box; new condition. Estimate: $100-$200.
– Lot 56: Three hardstone and 14K gold boxes, Francis Sperisen. Rhodonite and agate; measuring from 1 7/8 by 1 5/8 by 7/8 inches to 2¼ by 2 by 1 inches (heart box not closing completely). Estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 107: Louis Vuitton monogram and leather valise suitcase with luggage tag. Measuring 20 by 12 by 8 inches; corduroy interior with eight shoe pouches; with interior Louis Vuitton France label. Good condition. Estimate: $300-$400.
– Lot 86: Chanel vintage royal blue and gold scarf; 32 by 32 inches; excellent condition. Estimate: $100-$200.
– Lot 2: Pair of Chanel sunglasses with case. Estimate: $100-$200.
For more information, contact Stephen Turner, president of Turner Auctions + Appraisals, at 415-964-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.