SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Turner Auctions + Appraisals will present Estate Jewelry & More, offering fine and costume jewelry at an online auction Sunday, Dec. 9. Absentee and Internet live bidding is available through LiveAuctioneers.
Featuring over 185 lots from multiple collectors and estates, the sale offers antique, vintage and contemporary jewelry, mostly for women, including rings, earrings, necklaces, chains, bracelets, pendants, brooches, watches and more. Most are crafted of gold or sterling silver, gem-set with embellishments such as white or colored diamonds, opal, coral, jade, sapphire, amethyst, turquoise, rose quartz, lapis, malachite, tanzanite and other semiprecious stones.
Other lots offer Southwest-style and Mexican silver jewelry. Highlights of the sale include several Matl necklaces by noted Mexico City jewelry designer Matilde Poulat or her nephew, Ricardo Salas.
There are also many groupings of costume jewelry and other wearables – including necklaces, bracelets, pins, rings, crosses, Hawaiian shell headdresses, Hawaiian and Filipino leis and necklaces, pocket watches and wristwatches, watch fobs and men’s accessories. In addition, the sale includes beaded purses, pens, paperweights and daguerreotype portraits.
Turner Auctions + Appraisals will begin its online auction on Sunday, Dec. 9, at 10:30 a.m. Pacific time/noon Eastern.
The following are some highlights of the auction:
– Lot 4: pair of colored diamond and diamond earrings (above) in sterling silver set with irradiated blue and near colorless single-cut diamonds weighing in total an estimated 3.65 carats, estimate: $500-$700.
– Lot 68: Matilde Poulat Mexican necklace and bracelet set (below), turquoise and silver; hand inscribed: “Matl Mex 925,” necklace length: 16½ inches; bracelet: 7¼ inches, estimate: $1,000-$1,500.
– Lot 23: antique diamond and synthetic sapphire filigree bracelet, circa 1915, set in 14K white gold and platinum; set with seven round brilliant-cut diamonds weighing in total approximately 0.55 carat, estimate: $550-$750.
– Lot 24: Edwardian diamond and platinum ring set with 13 European-cut diamonds weighing in total an estimated 0.55 carat, estimate: $400-$600.
– Lot 33: Victorian Etruscan Revival diamond, lapis, 18/K gold brooch with one European-cut diamond weighing approximately 0.07 carat, estimate: $200-$300.
– Lot 70: Ricardo Salas for MATL Mexico, coral and turquoise necklace, hand inscribed “MATL Mex 925 MS-12,” 17 inches long, estimate: $500-$700.
– Lot 87: three Hawaiian shell necklace/headpieces composed of small colored shells, 8-9 inches in diameter, estimate: $150-$250.
– Lot 60: colored diamond, diamond and sterling silver set consisting of a necklace and ring with brown, irradiated blue and near-colorless round brilliant and princess-cut diamonds, estimated total diamond weight 1.50 carats, estimate: $300-$500.
– Lot 102: Omega stainless steel and gold-tone ladies watch with 18K gold bracelet strap, estimate: $600-$800.
– Lot 144: diamond and sterling silver bracelet and ring set with princess, round brilliant and single-cut diamonds, estimated total diamond weight: 2.10 carats, estimate: $400-$600.
For more information, contact Stephen Turner, president of Turner Auctions, at 415-964-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.