SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Turner Auctions + Appraisals will present Treasures from a Couture Closet, Part II, on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 10:30 a.m. Pacific time/1:30 p.m. Eastern. Offering a diverse selection of elegant, luxury goods from several collectors and estates, the sale features over 135 lots of purses, scarves, shoes, clothing and jewelry – many from the world’s most coveted international designers and fashion houses. Bid absentee or live online through LiveAuctioneers.
The distinctive selection of bags and evening purses comes from Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Judith Leiber, Valentino, Ferragamo, Badgley Mischka and Bally. Vintage scarves include Hermes. Winning bidders may step out in shoes from Gucci, Chanel, Hermes, Fendi, Oscar de la Renta, Ferragamo and Escada.
The couture closet features designer clothing and evening wear from Yves St. Laurent, Armani, Missoni, Mary McFadden, Valentino, Jean-Louis Scherrer, Bill Blass, Carolina Herrera, Burberry, Claude Montana, St. John, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Anne Klein, Adolfo and Bogner – plus Southwest-style items in leather and suede. Women’s jewelry offered includes bracelets from John Hardy, David Yurman and others; brooches from Georg Jensen and Christian LaCroix; earrings with amethysts, pearls and gold; and an emerald and diamond stickpin. For men, there are watches from Tag Heuer and Baume & Mercier, gold tie tacks and a diamond ring.
The following are some highlights of the upcoming sale:
– Lot 40: Unmounted European-cut diamond, weighing approx. 0.50 ct., J-K-L/VS. Estimate $400-$600.
– Lot 80: Yves St. Laurent Rive Gauche vintage feather coat (below). Made in France, black feathers with plastic crystal embellishments; labeled size 38; good condition. Estimate $200-$300.
– Lot 38: 18K gold link bracelet, English, weighing approximately: 15.2 grams; length: 8in. with added 14K gold 3in. chain. Estimate $400-$600.
– Lot 57: Six vintage silk scarves, including Gucci, Yves St. Laurent, Atelier Versace, Pucci, Cartier, and one unsigned. Estimate $200-$300.
– Lot 107: Claude Montana Paris red leather bomber jacket. Labeled: Claude Montana pour Ideal Cuir, size 38. Estimate $100-$200.
– Lot 11: Tag Heuer men’s stainless steel professional 200 meters wristwatch; ref. WG1213-KO, WR3425, with deployant clasp; 38mm. Estimate $100-$200.
– Lot 50: Two Gucci GG and one Gucci Plus handbags, coated canvas with blue/red stripe: 13 x 6 x 7.5in..; tan leather and canvas: 12 x 2 x 7in.; beige Gucci Plus: 12 x 4 x 7in.; all very good condition. Estimate $150-$200.
– Lot 31: Pair of amethyst and 14k gold clip earrings, measuring approximately 1/2 x 3/8in.; weighing approximately: 6.2 grams. Estimate $100-$200.
– Lot 133: Montblanc & Waterman ballpoint pens, including two Montblanc Meisterstuck and two Waterman. Estimate $150-$200.
– Lot 1: John Hardy sterling silver coiled bracelet. Estimate $100-$200.
For more information, contact Stephen Turner, president of Turner Auctions + Appraisals, at 415-964-5250 or email@example.com.