IOLA, Wis. – Each Picker’s Pocket Guide, the latest line of collector references published by Krause Publications, provides a unique, entertaining and thoughtful look at some of the most popular collecting interests today. They are great allies for anyone looking to learn more about areas of collecting that are “new to them.” For seasoned collectors and dealers, the easy-to-read and photo-filled books are a sound investment in market trend knowledge.
Not only is their size an asset during active picking excursions, but these books contain a wealth of valuable information, such as: Tips for locating items of a specific collecting interest, advice about options to flip the items picked, historical data and current market trends about the featured collecting category and sharp color photographs for easy examination of design and condition details. In addition, each book also includes auction prices paid for various examples of items in that particular collecting category, as well as market trend reports from experts in the industry.
Make a savvy investment in your picking prowess, with the purchase of a Picker’s Pocket Guide. The ever-growing line of guides currently include books about these topics, written by these noted experts:
- STAR WARS TOYS: By Mark Bellomo — one of the leading toy experts in the world and frequent guest speaker at collector conventions. Bellomo is the author of hundreds of articles and several books on the topic of toys, including The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Star Wars Action Figures, 1977-1985 and Toys & Prices.
- SIGNS: By Eric Bradley — one of the young guns of the antiques and collectibles field. A public relations associate for Heritage Auctions, Bradley is a former editor of Antique Trader, featured guest speaker on investing with antiques, editor of the Antique Trader Antiques & Collectibles Price Guide annual and author of Mantiques: A Manly Guide to Cool Stuff and the Picker’s Pocket Guide — TOYS.
- BASEBALL MEMORABILIA: By Jeff Figler — a renowned expert on sports collectibles and longtime collector. He’s authored more than 400 articles about collecting, and his personal collection has been featured in various media reports.
- BOTTLES: By Mike Polak — a seasoned bottle collector known as the “Bottle King.” Amassing a collection of more than 3,000 bottles over the course of four decades, he has penned more than 10 books and several articles on the subject.
- TOYS: By Eric Bradley — See SIGNS bio.
- HOT WHEELS: By Mike Zarnock — widely considered the leading authority on Hot Wheels car variations. A collector of Hot Wheels cars since their introduction in 1968, Zarnock is a two-time Guinness World Record holder of the largest collection of unique Hot Wheels. He’s authored many books on the subject, and is a regular contributor to Die Cast X magazine.
- COMIC BOOKS: By David Tosh — a serious comic book collector for more than four decades and the former owner of a collectibles shop. Tosh is a consignment director for Heritage Auctions and has written a number of articles about comic books. He also self-publishes Mumbo, a digest-sized magazine about comics, music and other pop culture topics.
All of these titles have a retail price of $14.99, and are available directly from the publisher at KrauseBooks.com, and from booksellers nationwide.