LOS ANGELES – Abell Auction Co. will offer a stunning array of fine art, 20th century design, antiques and jewelry from prominent Southern California estates on Sunday, May 19. Live bidding begins at 10 a.m. Pacific time/1 p.m. Eastern. Bid absentee or live online through LiveAuctioneers.
The sale features a Regency style gilt-bronze mounted kingwood bureau plat (above) and a Louis XV-style gilt-bronze mounted tulipwood and rosewood marquetry grand piano, both signed by Francois Linke, who was one of the most important French furniture makers of the 19th century.
Additional featured items include:
– French ormolu-mounted parquetry inland commode, signed F. Linke.
– Collection of antique inkwells.
– Pablo Picasso etching titled Feuille D’ Etudes Profils De Marie-Therese Et Tete De Rembrandt Au Beret.
– Dale Chihuly Seaforms blown glass sculpture in five pieces.
– Tadao Ando “1515” custom table.
– Swarovski crystal “Enlace” pendant lamp.
– Armani Casa Adelchi metal writing desk.
Fine art standouts are:
– William Ritschell’s Primitive Life in the South Seas.
– Alphonse Osbert’s Le Matin Sur L’Etang.
– Antoni Kozakiewicz’s Gypsy Family.
– Drawing by Diego Rivera.
– Three paintings by Vu Cao Dam.
The jewelry category boasts three diamond engagement rings, all weighing in at more than 6.0 carats, and a Van Cleef & Arpels “Spirit of Beauty” brooch. Wristwatches are led by a women’s Rolex having a diamond bezel. A collection of gold and diamond cigarette cases will also cross the auction block.
For details contact Abell Auction Co. at 800-404-2235 or 323-724-8102.