Evans & Associates to host Va. decorative arts seminar
MOUNT CRAWFORD, Va. – Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates Inc. is conducting its second annual Virginia Decorative Arts Seminar on Saturday, June 16, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The all-day event is focused on regional Virginia earthenware and will be held at the JSE & Associates auction gallery located at 2177 Green Valley Lane. The deadline to register is June 8.
The exciting, one-day colloquium features five expert guest speakers who will present lectures related to this year’s topic, “Earthenware of the Old Dominion: Important New Research and Discoveries.” Speakers include:
- Johanna M. Brown, Curator of Moravian Decorative Arts and Director of Collections, Old Salem Museum and Gardens.
- Jeffrey S. Evans, president of Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates Inc.
- Brenda Hornsby Heindl, independent scholar and potter.
- J. Roderick “Roddy” Moore, director of the Blue Ridge Institute and Museum at Ferrum College.
- Kurt C. Russ, independent scholar and former director of Washington and Lee University’s anthropology laboratory.
- Scott H. Suter, associate professor of English and American Studies at Bridgewater College.
The event will be preceded by an informal tailgate sale in the JSE & Associates parking lot beginning at 8:30 a.m. The tailgate sale is available only to attendees of the seminar; participants in the tailgate sale should bring their own tables.
The cost per person for the seminar is $75 (with lunch) or $65 (without lunch).
Visit the Education>Classes/Seminars page at www.jeffreysevans.com for links to the printable registration form, speaker bios, program schedule, directions and information about last year’s seminar. For information and/or to arrange your registration for the seminar, call 540-434-3939 and press 0 for the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL IMAGE OF NOTE