March 20, 2020
Flatten the Curve, Together.
We hope this finds you safe and well. As guidance surrounding COVID-19 emerges and evolves, please know that the team at LiveAuctioneers is here to help you navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
Large gatherings and, in some cases, even auction house access is now restricted. As a result, many auctioneers are redirecting phone and floor bidders to online channels.
We have two immediate ways to help:
- New to timed auctions? We’ll waive listing fees for your first automated, online-only auctions.
- Want to convince bidders and consignors that online bidding is beneficial? LiveAuctioneers is donating our proceeds to COVID-19 relief.
To give bidders an additional reason to bid online, to support your business, to give your consignors confidence, and to support a worthy cause, LiveAuctioneers will be donating our proceeds from first-time purchases to Meals on Wheels America and global Covid relief funds.
Every partner is welcome to join in this effort. If you are redirecting bidders to online channels, provide them with a link to your custom COVID-19 Response Support page on LiveAuctioneers.
In case you are short-staffed or working remotely, here are tips for using LiveAuctioneers’ cloud technology to keep the hammer coming down for your team and consignors in the coming weeks:
- Automate bidder approvals: Use global approval settings to automatically approve bidders based on custom criteria set by you.
- Collect online payments: Use LiveAuctioneers Payments to allow bidders to pay for purchases with credit card.
- Automate payments: Automatically collect funds from bidders with credit cards on file using our Autopay functionality.
- Hold timed auctions: Minimize risk by moving to a timed-auction format with reserves. With timed auctions on LiveAuctioneers, you can give bidders the same dynamic live-auction experience with lot progression and real-time updates they’re accustomed to. New to timed auctions? We’ll get you started with your own custom website and first timed auction at no cost through the end of April.
- Use postsale channels: Offload unsold merchandise via LiveAuctioneers’ Buy-it-Now and Live-to-eBay solutions.
- Update your terms: Make sure your shipping and pick-up policies comply with local COVID-19 guidelines and are well communicated to bidders. Consider extending pick-up windows.
If you’d like online auction training and/or consultation in any of the above areas, or require any other assistance, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to reschedule your auction date, or switch from a live clerked auction to a timed auction with dynamic bidding, we always offer $0 change fee. Contact us for assistance.
In the meantime, as we all continue to do our part in keeping our communities safe and healthy, we hope you’ll find moments to breathe deeply, appreciate some beauty and share a little bit of joy. This will pass. In China, COVID-19 case counts are falling and Apple stores are reopening. We’ll remain positive, focus on the long term, and overcome this, together.