Effective as of May 25, 2018
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, LiveAuctioneers) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (such as advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Online Platform and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below:
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the websites, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our websites function. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, as described under the heading "How can I control cookies?" in the Cookie Statement.
- LiveAuctioneers (https://www.liveauctioneers.com)
- Stripe (https://www.stripe.com)These cookies are used by our payment processor to collect payment.
- Riskified (https://www.riskified.com)These cookies are set by our fraud prevention and chargeback guarantee solution.
- Wordpress (https://www.wordpress.org)These cookies are set by the content management system solution that hosts pages for LiveAuctioneers and its affiliates.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Salesforce / Desk (https://www.salesforce.com)These cookies are used by our customer support help desk solution.
- ReferralCandy (https://www.referralcandy.com)These cookies are used to support our customer referral program.
- FormAssembly (https://www.formassembly.com)These cookies are used to embed forms on our website.
Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our websites and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
- Segment (https://www.segment.io)
- Optimizely (https://www.optimizely.com)Optimizely is a testing and experimentation platform that helps us uncover customer insights and create optimal web experiences. Opt-out: https://www.optimizely.com/legal/opt-out/
- Google (https://www.google.com)Google Analytics gathers information allow us to understand interactions with our websites and ultimately refine that experience to better serve you. Opt-out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- FullStory (https://www.fullstory.com)FullStory allows us to replay user sessions to understand interactions and diagnose issues with our websites and ultimately refine that experience to better serve you. Opt-out: https://www.fullstory.com/optout
- Qualaroo (https://www.qualaroo.com)These cookies are set by our customer feedback and surveying tool.
- SOASTA (https://www.soasta.com)SOASTA allows us to analyze how well our tech infrastructure is performing and ultimately improve it to better serve you.
Advertising (Targeting) Cookies
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. For further information, see the section of the Cookie Statement entitled "Targeted online advertising".
- Google/DoubleClick (https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com)Opt-out: https://adssettings.google.com
- Criteo (https://www.criteo.com)Opt-out: https://www.criteo.com/privacy
- Sailthru (https://www.sailthru.com)
- Marketo (https://www.marketo.com)
Social Networking Cookies
These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Online Platform through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes, too.
- AddThis (https://www.addthis.com)
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies like web beacons (also called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Online Platform or opened an email that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Online Platform to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Online Platform from an online advertisement displayed on a third party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of email marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Online Platform. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details, or other details that directly identify you unless you choose to provide these.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided in the cookie table above.
Disabling Most Interest-Based Advertising
Most advertising networks offer a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find our more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com
You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of Interest Based Advertising, including those performed by us, by accessing the settings in your Apple or Android mobile device and following the most recent published instructions. If you opt out, we will remove all data about you and no further data collection or tracking will occur. The random ID we (or our third party partners) had previously assigned to you will also be removed. This means that if at a later stage, you decide to opt-in, we will not be able to continue and track you using the same ID as before, and you will for all practical purposes be a new user to our system.
Where can I get further information?