New Orleans, LA, United States
DoneSun, Oct 15, 2006 3:00 PM UTC
Antiques and Decorative Arts Fall Auction
Featuring Property From:"The Towers", originally known as "Gardenia Cottage", was built in the 1830's and designed by Natchez Architect J. Edward Smith. During the Civil War, the Union established Fort McPherson which surrounded "The Towers" and several other nearby antebellum buildings. Union engineers occupied "The Towers", for the duration of the War. "The Towers" and much of its original contents remained until this day. The Estate of Basil C. Hendry -- "La Maison sur de Lac", the spectacular plantation-style home of Basil C. Hendry, Sr., was designed by renowned architect A. Hayes Town and built by Mr. Hendry, founder of Clovis Hendry Industries, Inc. The home is located in East Baton Rouge Parish near Bayou Manchac and Lake Santa Maria and is listed with the Foundation for Historical Louisiana. The Estate of Mr. and Mrs. Leo Miller, Jr., New Orleans -- Leo Miller, Jr. was a life-long resident of New Orleans. A well-known jeweler, Mr. Miller, and his father before him, owned and operated Leo Miller Jewelers in the Fairmont Hotel (formerly the Roosevelt Hotel). Early during their marriage, the Miller's developed a keen interest in Chinese Export porcelain and acquired pieces throughout the world. The Estate of Frank J. Manale, New Orleans -- Frank Manale was one of the rare breed. As a pioneer collector he developed a taste for mid-19th century decorative arts. Frank assembled an impressive collection that included AmericanClassical and Rococo Revival furniture, transfer-printed "Blue Willow" Staffordshire pottery, French and Bohemian porcelains, and girandoles. The Estate of Gerald D. Katz, New Orleans -- This property, from the Estate of Royal Street antiques dealer the late Gerald D. Katz features English Country and French Provincial furniture, lighting and accessories from Mr. Katz's business and residence, formerly located at 505 Royal Street in the French Quarter.