September 22, 2017 - 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
September 23, 2017 - 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Terms & Conditions
1. In preparing this catalog, BP Auctions has endeavored to accurately describe all the items being sold, however, all property is sold "as is". Condition statements refer to the items at the time of cataloging. No warranty, either express or implied, shall be assumed to be made by BP Auctions with regard to the age, condition, size, quality, or importance of the property. Any statements made by BP Auctions or any person in their employ with regard to the property are strictly matters of opinion.
In cataloging the sale, every effort has been made to accurately describe any major faults, repairs, etc. of the property, as they are known to BP Auctions. As stated above, however, all items are sold "as is" and all sales are final. BP Auctions reserves the right to make corrections and to provide additional information with regard to the property as it becomes known to us. Potential bidders are strongly encouraged to inspect the property and/or to make inquiries regarding condition prior to bidding.
Lots containing multiple items, particularly cast iron banks, may only be in average condition. Registering banks, clocks, battery-operated toys, etc. are sold as display pieces only, unless their operation is stated in the condition report.
2. BP Auctions will be the final judge as to the successful bidder for each lot. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the highest bidder, BP Auctions shall reserve the right, at his discretion, to reopen the bidding. BP Auctions reserves the right to establish increments and to refuse any bid not commensurate with the value of the lot being offered.
3. BP Auctions will charge a Buyer's Premium of 20% for all bids received via the internet. This Buyer's Premium will be added to the successful bid price of all lots and is payable as a part of the total sale price by all purchasers. Shipping costs will be additional and will include insurance at the full purchase value, including Buyer's Premium.
4. Internet bidders must pay in full within 10 days of receiving your invoice. Selling this many lots in less than 24 hours makes invoicing a more time-consuming process than regular live auction sales. All internet invoices will be sent as soon as possible, but, as they will need to include shipping charges, it may take as many as 10-12 days.
Internet bidders are expected to honor all successful bids. If you are not serious about your intentions, please do not participate in this auction.
5. BP Auctions will accept as payment from successful bidders the following: Cash (on-site only), Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, Travelers Checks, and Personal checks. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL OR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS OF ANY KIND. Lots paid for with personal checks will be held until the check has cleared. All checks, Money Orders, etc. must be in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. Bank.
Please do not send payment prior to receiving an invoice from us.
6. BP Auctions is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.
7. Shipping is typically done via UPS, but we can discuss alternatives with you if you are a successful bidder, particularly from overseas. Keep in mind UPS requires a street address - no PO Boxes.
8. BP Auctions value and encourage all internet bids but cannot guarantee the system will always work perfectly. Bids are sometimes missed in the audience, in absentee bids, and potentially via the internet. This auction will be conducted live, with bidders in attendance and absentee bids received by BP Auctions outside of Live Auctioneers.
While any bids submitted in advance of the sale via Live Auctioneers are protected on that site in the order of submission, these bids are not transmitted to us until the sale is under way. In the event of identical high bids from various sources, preference will be given to the first bid recognized by the auctioneer.
This means that if the computer has you as high bidder at a bid less than your maximum, it will not bid again until someone else bids against you. If this happens via Live Auctioneers, the computer will block the bidder and raise your bid instead. BUT, if it happens on the auction floor, the computer will not block the bid and someone on the floor will become the new high bidder. If your maximum has not been met, the computer will bid again. BUT, if that new high bid is also your maximum, the computer will not bid again, as it has reached your authorized limit. This seems to happen in every sale.
It is important to recognize that this is an auction which INCLUDES Live Auctioneers, not an internet-only auction ON Live Auctioneers.
9. Illinois State Sales Tax will be collected from in-state bidders, unless you provide BP Auctions with a copy of a valid Resale Certificate.
10. Bidding on any item in the sale shall be taken as your acceptance of these conditions.