Preview times for the auction are:
Wednesday, March 28th: 4-7 PM
Thursday, March 29th: Begining at 7 AM.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. A buyer's premium of 10% of the hammer price shall be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price. For buyers bidding via eBay Live Auctions, a buyer's premium of 20% shall be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price.
2. The total sales price is subject to applicable sales tax. PA residents will pay 6% unless a tax exempt form is on file.
3. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, bank check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, & Paypal. No personal checks will be accepted.
4. Complete payment is required day of auction (if bidding live at the auction center) or upon receipt of notification of a successful bid (if bidding as absentee, phone or internet bidder). Items must be paid for no later than fourteen (14) days following the auction. After that time, the sale will be deemed null and void and the items become the property of Alderfer's.
5. Paid items must be removed from the auction center. Please note that online purchasers who wish to pick up their items shall not do so until the Monday following the day of auction, so that our staff has adequate time to process the transaction. After two (2) weeks, any items remaining at the auction center will be placed in storage. Fee for storage will be $10 per week per item.
6. Packing, shipping and insurance are handled by Alderfer Moving & Storageâ€™s shipping service. To economize we will pack multiple items of similar size and type together if possible. All items will be shipped with insurance based upon the gavel price plus buyers premium. Questions regarding shipping costs, insurance and tracking should be directed to Alderfer Moving & Storage at (215) 799-0855 or 1-800-272-1171 or email@example.com. Please allow 2 weeks from receipt of payment for shipping.
7. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again.
8. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
9. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
10. Some lots are offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold.
11. Alderfer's will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing and a fifty-dollar minimum bid is required per item. Phone bidding is an available service and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 24 hours before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
12. All auction inquiries must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the auction. The deadline for email inquiries is March 28th, 2007 at 12 pm EST.
13. Purchasers may inspect the merchandise and are urged to do so. The Auctioneer makes no warranty as to condition and shall not be responsible for any defects in any Lot. All goods are exposed for Public Exhibition and, for Internet buyers condition is described in the listings. Item descriptions, dimensions and estimates are provided for guidance. It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. If potential buyers are unable to inspect lots in person, our staff will be happy to prepare detailed Condition Reports on individual lots. These are for guidance only, and all lots will be sold as described, as per our Terms and Conditions of Sale. All goods are sold "AS IS" and "WITHOUT RECOURSE".
14. All items in the catalog are sold as described. We have tried to describe each lot as accurately as possible, and we have included descriptive photographs as well. However, we are selling each lot â€œAS ISâ€ and there will be no returns allowed if you are not satisfied with condition.
15. Your bidding at this Auction indicates that you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions of Sale.
16. We are not responsible for color discrepancies due to photo reproductions.