TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AUCTION
Abbingdon Auctions Australia (ACN 102 354 638) functions as an agent for the consignors and conducts business in the best interests of the consignors, effecting legal transfer of property between the sellers and buyers.
Graeme Horne of Abbingdon Auctions Australia, PO Box 510, Glen Waverley, Victoria 3150 will be your auctioneer.
I. Viewing Time: This affords prospective buyers an opportunity to examine those articles on which they are interested in bidding. We encourage everyone to examine the items offered for sale from 10am on day of sale or by appointment. Phone (03) 9800 3090.
2. All sales are final: All items are sold "as is" whether in perfect condition or with faults. Abbingdon Auctions Australia have inspected the items and their description is in the catalogue and we have done our best to describe the item, and if anything has been missed the item, is still sold as is on auction day. Personal inspection is at viewing time
3. The item is determined SOLD by the auctioneer and legal title of the item passes immediately to the highest acknowledged bidder and that bidder assumes full responsibility for the item sold. The auctioneer has the final say on who is the winning bidder and is not held responsible for any internet or absentee bids that may have been placed.
4. Payment: All items purchased must be paid for in full on the day of the auction and before leaving the premises. Absentee bidders have 14 days to remove goods and make payment.
Payment can be made by Cash, Money Order or by Credit Cards MasterCard or Visa (1.65% surcharge).
Internet absentee ebay / Live Auctioneers bidders can pay by International Direct bank deposit (A$15 bank surcharge) or by Credit Cards MasterCard or Visa (1.65% surcharge), we do not use Paypal.
Other forms of payment may be accepted from those known to us or by prior arrangement.
5. Registration: Registration is required for all bidders.
6. Abbingdon Auctions Australia reserves the right to withdraw any lot. If the auctioneer determines that
the amount bid is not commensurate with the value of the lot Abbingdon may reject that bid and/or withdraw the item from the auction.
7. Tied Bids: In the event of a tied bid, it is at the auctioneers' sole discretion as to who gets the bid, in the case of Abbingdon Auctions Australia absentee bidders the earlier bid has a preference.
8. Removal of Goods: All goods must be collected and removed from the venue on the day of the sale for attending bidders unless a prior arrangement is made. Other bidders have 14 days to pay and remove goods otherwise a 1.5% storage charge per month will apply.
9. Please Note: There is a 29.2% Buyers Premium for Live Auctioneers buyers. For example live internet bidders, bid A$100 buyer pays A$129.20
10. Internet bidders will find leaving the highest possible amount they wish to bid is the most effective method to successful bidding, as auctioneers can go up in increments very fast on auction day.
11. Abbingdon Worldwide Absentee Bidding Service:-
Worldwide & Australian Absentee Bids can also be arranged prior to auction day by- Phone (03) 9800 3090 International ...613 9800 3090.
Catalogue, updates, and complete picture service can be viewed at our website.
12. Invoices:- we will send invoices for the sales within three days after the entire auction has ended, as some emails may not arrive, please let us know if you have not received an invoice after a few days. It takes a few days to calculate shipping, posting and handling, and insurance, especially on multiple lots once we have your instructions. Once payment is cleared, items are sent the same day if possible but all lots will be shipped within 14 days of auction date provided clear payment has been received.
13. Bid Priority: If you leave a bid with Live Auctioneers, they will execute the bids in the order received. Abbingdon Auctions Australia does not know how much the internet bidder has left. The priority does not apply to floor bidders, on occasion a lot will sell to a floor bidder for the amount left by a Live Auctioneers bidder, this is subject to whoever the auctioneer sees first as to who wins the lot.
Graeme is available to discuss all lots from 9am to 6pm daily up to the day before Auction by email email@example.com
14. We are happy to receive absentee bids but do not operate telephone bidding during the sale, you can either leave absentee bids direct with Abbingdon Auctions Australia absentee bidding service or bid live on internet through Live Auctioneers.
15. No retraction of bids are permitted. Once a bid is placed, it may not be retracted.
16. After The Auction:- We can arrange for careful packing, shipping, insurance & registered mail and only add a small P&H charge of A$10-$20 depending on the goods you purchased and packing required. IT IS IMPORTANT TO ABBINGDON AUCTIONS THAT YOUR GOODS ARRIVE SAFELY but we are not responsible for any loss due to goods not arriving or damaged.
All overseas goods will be shipped via Australia Post and pre sale estimate of shipping will only be by estimate as they go by weight we can only give a ballpark estimate as packing does effect price. Good Luck and bid early!
Get notifications from your favorite auctioneers.
As Seen On
Shop With Confidence
Since 2002, LiveAuctioneers has made exceptional items available for safe purchase in secure online auctions.